Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006   #31
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
what is the problem? Doese it crash or doese it not work. If it crashes use your backup files. If they arn't working try and autmatic installer.
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #32
LuckEnova

Question...

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked/answered before, but I have been searching two GTA:SA forums and still can't seem to find a definite answer to this.

I am going to be going out to buy GTA:SA today. And, from what I am assuming, it will be the Second Edition (or v2.0). That much I know.

However, I am still confused on what type of modifications -will- and -will not- work on v2.0. So here are my questions.

1. When I install US Version 2.0, will I be able to install car/gun/building/etc modifications; the ones that I would use IMG Tool v2.0 to install? (Right now I am playing Single Player on a No-CD hacked version of v1.0, and I like all the different model-type mods that I can add to it, and I don't want to have to "downgrade" to v1.0 to do this if I don't have to.)

2. I understand that Mods such as "Hot Coffee" and "MTA" -will NOT- work on v2.0 of the game, and the only way to use such mods would be to 'downgrade' as I have been reading about. So my questions is, what OTHER modifications do NOT work with v2.0 of the game? (Or is it that ALL modifications --even the model-type mods-- don't work with the new v2.0?)

Thank you all for your time in reading this post!
-LuckEnova

Last edited by LuckEnova; 10-21-2006 at 02:28 PM..
Old 10-21-2006   #33
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Version 2.0 is purely unmoddable. You must have v1.0 to try mods or play MTA/SA-MP.
There's a link to the downgrade patch in the 1st post of this topic.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #34
LuckEnova

Then my last question is...

How do they stop you from modifying the files such as "gta3.img" using the IMG Tool v2.0?
I would assume that that wouldn't be possible, as all you are doing is changing textures (image files) within those .img files.

Just curious.
Old 10-21-2006   #35
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
V2.0 gta_sa.exe has a memory lock within it. If it senses any modification being attempted with any component of the game (such as gta3.img), the game will then freeze during loading.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #36
Legacy
Newbie Member

Legacy is an unknown quantity at this point
What do I do when i can't find the ReadMe file...Its not under my GTA User Files...where is it? Also when I open the IMG tool it says "Cannot find the file " " and nothing comes up

Last edited by Legacy; 11-27-2006 at 05:14 PM..
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #37
someone
Newbie Member

someone is an unknown quantity at this point
deleted cause it was useless

Last edited by someone; 11-28-2006 at 07:34 PM..
someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #38
Legacy
Newbie Member

Lol really now? I read the original thread post...which is a more thorough version of what you just posted loser, and I've installed mods before my question is what to do if the folder (Models Folder) was no where to be found...not that bull shit you just posted and don't say "Newcomers" because you haven't been on the site very longe apparently
Old 11-28-2006   #39
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
The models folder is located in X:program files/rockstar games/gta san andreas, you must have this folder as it contains at the very least a file called gta3.img, used by the game engine to display all vehicles,weapons....endless list.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #40
Legacy
Newbie Member

Lol thank God your here Clansman lol I just searched program files on my comp and bam I found it thank you much its just last time I did it on a different comp the program files where auto on my desk top wierd, well thanks again
Old 11-28-2006   #41
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Near enough everything you install on your system HD is in the program files folder.
Old 11-28-2006   #42
someone
Newbie Member

someone is an unknown quantity at this point
Legacy: Jeeze. Sorry. I thought you were talking about the readme for the mod installation. As for my "newcomers" comment, just because I am new to the forums does not mean I have not done this awhile. Also I thought you were new to this because of questions asking where certain files were. Sorry if I offended you. And yes I realize what I posted was useless. Hindsight is 20/20. No reason to call me a loser though. Just relax, and lets forget about this okay.
someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #43
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
If any one is having trouble installing a certain mod post here. I will add that mod to the Tutorial.
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #44
Wicked Member

Why not think about a tutorial on something like installing new skins for the low-riders or a typical map mod of your choice.

It will let other people see how relatively easy it is to install them.
Old 03-14-2007   #45
xiaobai92

y i click gta3.img went somewher???

to this website...
http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0...ir.asp?Ext=img
pls figure it out for mi thks...
Bladexen realli i nid yr help...!!!