Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > San Andreas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2005   #1
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Exclamation How to extract gallery pictures from PS2 save.

This is for everyone with the PS2 version of San Andreas , flash/pen drive and ARMax , CodeBreaker , Exploder/Explorer , Gameshark , PSP or other means of transfering your GTA:SA save to PC !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also available now is a gallery viewer for the game Bully or Cannis Canem, scroll down for download link.

I have to say that there is a bit of confusion as to why you need any of the above tools , this is because the PS2 doesn't recognise anything that is connected to the USB ports by itself ? , so one of them is a must !!!!

The PSP method hasn't been confirmed yet, i was asked....and no confirmation yet....!!
?

There is another method , but it involves purchasing hardware like in the pic.

EMS PS2 Adapter
example link for pricing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software you need is ...

A : Save Builder to extract gallery.dat as a separate file DL here.

B : Gallery Viewer to view and save pics DL here.

Now the method ( How to )

1 : First step is to transfer/copy your save from PS2 to pen drive via your chosen tool , the Save Builder and Gallery Viewer cater for many file formats so ARMax is NOT a must .

2 : Then insert pen drive to a free USB port on PC or hub , run save builder , load your save and you will see your save position's in window plus gallery.dat

3 : You then right click on gallery.dat and extract the gallery.dat and save to a folder of your choice , then close save builder.

4 : Run Gallery Viewer and load your saved gallery.dat ,the requester might not show your gallery.dat file at first so change the default filetype in requester to all files, then load and it will show you all the pics you have in that .dat file, all you do is extract all or some pics to a folder via pulldown menu.

Another thing to do is once you save the pics its best to rename them in relation to what it's about , because everytime you save a load of pics from the gallery viewer , it always does the same names when you save ... GTASAimage1 , GTASAimage2 etc.... , if you forget to rename any, it will get overwritten.

Many thanks to Asif for making this thread a Sticky.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS UPDATE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new Gallery Viewer has been developed for the game " Bully ".

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 08-25-2007 at 07:31 AM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #2
dew1911
Newbie Member

dew1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
I always find if you have a Low Quality Camera Phone (Talking below 1.5MP) and you get it as square on as possible with your TV then you can make the pictures come out good.

San Andreas Paranormal, where the mysteries of SA are blown wide Open!

dew1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #3
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Not quite the same as an actual pic from the game....

Taken with phone camera ....

Transfered from PS2 save....

The only reason i made this thread is because i've had many people ask me how my pics are so clear.

It is easy to do,tbh.

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 01-05-2007 at 09:25 AM..
Old 11-01-2005   #4
mr. gta
Loyal Member

mr. gta is an unknown quantity at this point
thats well clear dude! nice one, im gonna try that!! thanks!
2. There aer pics of me
3. I can tell you are a fucking virgin
4. you're a chav who needs to be hung by his bollocks
5. I touched your children
mr. gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #5
Wicked Member

If you come across any problems post back here and i will do what i can to help !!

To get an idea of what my pics are like, take look in here, and you will see the quality , it might take a bit of work to get them but it's worth it ....

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 12-12-2006 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-04-2005   #6
cocacolatheif
still regret the typo

cocacolatheif is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a shame that the images come out with very poor quality sometimes, and yet others work perfectly. All the pics on the Gallery linked in my signature were done on the PS2, but some of them just look awful.

Here's a nice one from my PS2 copy.

Edit: Holy shit, Clansman! How do you get your images to be such good quality?

Last edited by cocacolatheif; 11-04-2005 at 09:17 PM..
cocacolatheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #7
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacolatheif
It's a shame that the images come out with very poor quality sometimes, and yet others work perfectly. How do you get your images to be such good quality?
Yay....Nice one

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 03-07-2007 at 07:26 AM..
Old 11-05-2005   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
how did you get the pedestrian to take a picture of you? or were ya just standing in front of him blocking his shot to something

Keep in mind I have the PC Version

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #9
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nite
how did you get the pedestrian to take a picture of you? or were ya just standing in front of him blocking his shot to something

Thats just the suicide ped that is at Flint Intersection, just next to caravan park that spawn's the monster.

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 03-07-2007 at 07:28 AM..
Old 11-05-2005   #10
cocacolatheif
still regret the typo

cocacolatheif is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nite

Yeah, that guy takes a picture all ready. I just took a pic of him taking a pic.
cocacolatheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #11
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
hm, instead of using a flash drive, can I use my PSP? lol
Mazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #12
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazzlow
hm, instead of using a flash drive, can I use my PSP? lol
If you can transfer your save to PSP from PS2 i dont see any problem , well done for using your initiative....lol.:p

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 11-24-2005 at 03:07 PM..
Old 05-10-2006   #13
hoss
Newbie Member

hoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh Booya I Told You There Was Some Stuff For The Ps2 As Well And As Some Of You Were Against That. Lol
hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #14
jaychow101

OoOo nice find.... this may help me
Old 05-23-2006   #15
tyr
~ Suicidal MTA player ~
Loyal Member

tyr is an unknown quantity at this point
the thing is i downloaded the save builder but when i tried to use it it doesn't work, it doesn't even start up.. I think the file is screwd up... its definatley not my computer, and when u say flash drive u mean USB pen/bar thing?
tyr is offline   Reply With Quote