Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Dan Houser's favourite GTA IV random moment

Well, it's nothing big. Vice President of R* is sharing his favorite random moment (which he terms as 'defining moment') from the game. It gives a good idea on the work with AI.

Quote:
There are so many defining moments, but a recent one was during a police chase. A song I love came on one of the radio stations while I had two cop cars chasing me through chinatown. I was speeding along when another cop car I hadn't seen rammed me straight on, our cars crunched together, and I was sent flying through the windshield. I ducked into cover and could still hear the song playing from my smashed-up car. Then the cops opened fire, but one of them hit a pedestrian who pulled out his gun and started shooting. The next thing I know, there was a full-scale war going on between a random gang and the cops. Within a few seconds all the cops were dead and the gang members walked away. I got hold of another car and quietly drove out of the search area to lose my wanted level.
http://kotaku.com/356371/favorite-gta-iv-random-moment

Last edited by Asif; 02-14-2008 at 08:07 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
So no more cops will turn up if your not doing anything wrong, cool.

Thanks Asif
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #3
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:. View Post
So no more cops will turn up if your not doing anything wrong, cool.

Thanks Asif
I agree, an also the fact the radio was heard whilst Niko was a way from his crunched car, one thing I always wanted, to stand close to your ride an be able to listen to the radio, like in real life, cool.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #4
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
So the ped is in a gang or the gang people helped out? because the cops ran over ped, and then he pulled out his gun then they said they had gang war.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking12 View Post
So the ped is in a gang or the gang people helped out? because the cops ran over ped, and then he pulled out his gun then they said they had gang war.
The cop accidentally shot a pedestrian, who then proceeded to return fire.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #6
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Ha, that's freaking sick. I can't wait!
Old 02-14-2008   #7
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
hmm.. I'm sure this was in one of the newest previews.. Cool none the less.
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #8
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Kind of like in True Crime it seems. This is so awesome!
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #9
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
that sounds so fucking rediculously cool.
I'm not sure how I feel about them just "walking away"
but whatever.
sounds good enough.

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm past 1000 posts?!
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #10
ramsy66
Newbie Member

ramsy66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
but whatever.
What do you expect them to do? Do a dance or something?
ramsy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #11
RockForLight

RockForLight is on a distinguished roadRockForLight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsy66 View Post
lol

really sounds great though. I cant wait until April 28th . I have never been this anxious to play a video game.
RockForLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #12
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Hahaha . If I had just opened fire and killed a cop/cops(?), I wouldn't be walking away. I would run the fuck away.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #13
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Hahaha . If I had just opened fire and killed a cop/cops(?), I wouldn't be walking away. I would run the fuck away.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
but whatever.
sounds good enough.

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm past 1000 posts?!
All the cops died.

There were no reinforcements on the way.

He lost them outside the search area before they could spot him and call for backup.

also cocks
Old 02-15-2008   #15
xXSoldierXx
Shoot 'em up!

xXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enough
Amazing.

Truly...that is cool.
xXSoldierXx is offline   Reply With Quote