Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #1
SICKFCUK

Rockstar finally got it! This game is realistic, proof inside!

Behold! I bring picture proof of the realism

In all the previous GTA series, it bugged me how unrealistic the peace officers were portrayed. Finally it is in the game. No more slim and in-shape cops. That is a myth my friends!
Old 03-30-2007   #2
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Lol, good spot. Perhaps AI peds get fatter/thinner/muscular as time goes on?
Old 03-30-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Hahaha, I guess Rockstar is starting to get the idea

I actually never really noticed the cop there, so thanks for pointing him out. Hopefully we'll see various different models and skins for cops. I mean, SA did have a small variety, but only changed in different cities and depending on the type of cop, like a bike cop differed from the regular street walking/Police car cops. So maybe in GTA IV, we'll see tall cops, short cops, fat cops, thin cops, cops with hats, cops without hats, cops cops cops. Also hope the same applies to other sorts of groups.
Old 03-30-2007   #4
Sir Baralot
ManBearPig
Newbie Member

Sir Baralot is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me, or do all of the civilians in this game dress different?
If so, excellent!

And also, good spot on the cop. That'd be deadly if pedestrians got fatter/thinner over time.

EDIT: Two of the women in that frame look the same...
Bare-foot servants too

Last edited by Sir Baralot; 03-30-2007 at 02:30 PM..
Sir Baralot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #5
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
... we'll see tall cops, short cops, fat cops, thin cops, cops with hats, cops without hats, cops cops cops...
You forgot cops with donuts in their hands.
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
I wonder if fat cops run slower and tire easily compared to other cops. That would add more realism.
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
@ this topic!
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #8
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
lol. Nice find.
Old 03-30-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Cops buying donuts at *parody name for Dunkin goes here* Donuts.

From what I saw in the trailer, the AI has been massively improved. If you look closely at the part with the Screamer rollercoaster and the blue car, you'll see the drive wave to the pedestrians in the background. Hopefully we'll truly get what was promised with San Andreas "every pedestrian has their own lives". Watching them shop, interact, work, etc, how amazing would that be..
Old 03-30-2007   #10
ReLLo
Banned
Banned

ReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Cops buying donuts at *parody name for Dunkin goes here* Donuts.

From what I saw in the trailer, the AI has been massively improved. If you look closely at the part with the Screamer rollercoaster and the blue car, you'll see the drive wave to the pedestrians in the background. Hopefully we'll truly get what was promised with San Andreas "every pedestrian has their own lives". Watching them shop, interact, work, etc, how amazing would that be..

Well, you see people walkin around with Burger Shot burgers, so that's entirely possible.

And he wasn't waving, he was adjusting his mirror.
ReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #11
Under_score
The Snuke

Under_score is an unknown quantity at this point
I up for being a professional stalker.

As for those two similar-looking ladies, maybe they're sisters on a shopping spree. Don't know, don't care, I'll run them over anyway.
Under_score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
Gabi
Female.
Newbie Member

Gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm pretty sure i found a black cop. and he's not skinny. realism!

I included the white lady to show that the cop is most definitely not white.
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
i'd laugh my ass off if the fat cop that was chasing me tripped and fell on the ground and a doughnut fell out his pocket
Old 03-30-2007   #14
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
i'd laugh my ass off if the fat cop that was chasing me tripped and fell on the ground and a doughnut fell out his pocket

That would be fucking AWESOME.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
br0kebusta
Newbie Member

br0kebusta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Lol, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that!
br0kebusta is offline   Reply With Quote