Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #1
SCAB

SCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Either the city will be called Liberty City or something else, fact remains...

...it's an entirely different city than it was you played in in GTAIII and GTACS. Might R* once again follow the Liberty City -> Vice City -> San Andreas path, except that only the places' ambiance remains and they are redone insanely huge and detailed?
SCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #2
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
idk good point, but I doubt they'd repeat the process, I mean it took 5 years the first time.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #3
—Skeet Swayze—

—Skeet Swayze— is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm hoping for "GTA IV: The Return to LC"
Old 03-30-2007   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
It's definately Liberty City, but as you've said ZCAB, redone, remodeled etc. Some form of VC/SA may follow but right now I'm just keen to find out a bit more about this.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #5
Roger Explosion
Banned
Banned

Roger Explosion is an unknown quantity at this point
Nah, they won't repeat it all. They just needed a general modern city to set the groundwork for next gen. What better place than NYC/a new LC?

I can still see them going to a fictionalized Chicago, London... I'd like to see Australia too, but...
Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's just like the change from GTA1 to GTA3. In GTA1 the map for Liberty City is completely Different from the one in the GTA3 series. Also, from looking at the trailer, nice to see they have the New York style cars for teh LCPD (something they hinted at in LCS but were still the wrong colour, and in the pre-release GTA3 images).
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Grimoire
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still saying that its New York City. Granted Liberty City is based on New York, but it didn't have the landmakrs such as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
Old 03-30-2007   #8
DBD
Banned
Banned

DBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy
I'm still saying that its New York City. Granted Liberty City is based on New York, but it didn't have the landmakrs such as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
tbh
DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #9
Roger Explosion
Banned
Banned

Roger Explosion is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy
Umm... gee...
Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #10
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Well, I think that it will be called Liberty City, because I don't think they would have "Liberty Tree" and "Liberty City" as well as other signs and things and make the city be called New York. But this is only my thoughts on it right now.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #11
chainsoar
Niko Smellic

chainsoar is on a distinguished roadchainsoar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallowed
Well, I think that it will be called Liberty City, because I don't think they would have "Liberty Tree" and "Liberty City" as well as other signs and things and make the city be called New York. But this is only my thoughts on it right now.

I noticed the Liberty Tree building too, and I thought the same thing. It would be like making a game with VCPR on the radio, set in San Andreas.
chainsoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
I Wonder Where That Tunnel Led To In Gtaiii ? Hmmm ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #13
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
I Wonder Where That Tunnel Led To In Gtaiii ? Hmmm ?
Well, in LCS you can have access to it, but it just takes you to another part of Shoreside Vale. But, if you go through the tunnel, there is also another place under construction, so I don't know where that lead.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #14
opPIR
Amateur Intellectual

opPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond repute
It IS liberty City. When they show the ship, it says Liberty City on it.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by opPIR; 03-30-2007 at 05:24 AM..
opPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
chainsoar
Niko Smellic

chainsoar is on a distinguished roadchainsoar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
It IS liberty City. When they show the ship, it says Liberty City on it.

I didn't say it wasn't. I was agreeing that it was! I know about the ship, and also, people seem to have somehow missed the fact that it shows the Liberty ferry terminal.