Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I don't like the realistic graphics

I don't like how it looks realistic. I guess part of the charm was due to the lack of polygons, they were forced to make the world and its inhabitants more stylized. Now that it's so realistic, it kind of takes away from the charm of the series.

While that looks great graphically and all, it lacks that charm. It's hard to describe.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
those graphics dont look great to me at all..

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
noah m5
Wierdo
Amateur Member

noah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipOstrit
those graphics dont look great to me at all..

I think the graphics are a good thing! I mean there still not amazing, but for a GTA game, even a next-gen one, there still pretty fucking good.
Old 03-29-2007   #4
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
screw charm lol. now when car mods are accualy made they will fit right in. wish they would have showed like in game action.like 2 cars smashing or a cop chase or something.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #5
Chazzer3

hopefully we'll get more detail soon enough!
Old 03-29-2007   #6
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Looks sweet. I think so.
Old 03-29-2007   #7
qwertyuio
The world needs some love

qwertyuio is on a distinguished roadqwertyuio is on a distinguished road
i hope the collisions look better and more detailed, they probably will with theses graphics
Old 03-29-2007   #8
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Ok...what are you expecting?? Its next gen... I guarantee you more people would flip a shit if we saw PS2 graphics for this opening teaser..
Old 03-29-2007   #9
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Ok...what are you expecting?? Its next gen... I guarantee you more people would flip a shit if we saw PS2 graphics for this opening teaser..
Exactly.
C-Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #10
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but these graphics will be considered crap given time.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #11
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Yeah but these graphics will be considered crap given time.
First of all, the graphics we're seeing here are pretty damn sweet....not blowing all the next-gen games out of the water, but they're still damn good.

Second of all, we've seen NOTHING. We saw an El Train (which IMO looked sick), and a couple other things like streets with a few peds (which we don't know if were completely filled, but probably not considering we're 7 months away from the release). We saw a delicious cock-tease for this trailer, we now know 3 things: 1. It's located in Liberty City ; 2. It's Russian Mafia ; 3. It's probably closer to modern time. Of these 3 things, we can all agree that the #1 thing (location) isn't even set in stone! For all we know, there may be a Vice City, SA, or new city that gets revealed to us. This trailer gave us a glimpse but realize this: WE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING .....that's all I can really say other than: Everyone else out there, hold your speculations for when R* actually gives us something else to chew on...until then, enjoy this very tasty 1 minute, 7 second bone until they decide to fill us in with some other details.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
/Warned 2 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr
First of all, the graphics we're seeing here are pretty damn sweet....not blowing all the next-gen games out of the water, but they're still damn good.

Second of all, we've seen NOTHING. We saw an El Train (which IMO looked sick), and a couple other things like streets with a few peds (which we don't know if were completely filled, but probably not considering we're 7 months away from the release). We saw a delicious cock-tease for this trailer, we now know 3 things: 1. It's located in Liberty City ; 2. It's Russian Mafia ; 3. It's probably closer to modern time. Of these 3 things, we can all agree that the #1 thing (location) isn't even set in stone! For all we know, there may be a Vice City, SA, or new city that gets revealed to us. This trailer gave us a glimpse but realize this: WE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING .....that's all I can really say other than: Everyone else out there, hold your speculations for when R* actually gives us something else to chew on...until then, enjoy this very tasty 1 minute, 7 second bone until they decide to fill us in with some other details.
1 minute, 3 seconds dick wad.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #13
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
1 minute, 3 seconds dick wad.

My most sincere apologies.

@ Olin: GTA III never really looked that good to be honest with you. People were satisfied with the graphics of GTAIII because it had such a huge scale. The graphics of this game look awesome in my opinion...we've only seen a tiny bit of them but they look great to me. You need to consider the fact that there's going to be a lot more screens/videos released in the next 7 months. Something we need to also consider is the scale....if you're so disappointed with the graphics, why not wait until the entire scale of the city is revealed? Also, remember that this game uses the Euphoria Engine.....we haven't really seen anything yet as far as physics and anything like that goes.

Honestly, I think that graphics look awesome so far, the only thing I want is more pedestrians.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #14
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

@ Olin: GTA III never really looked that good to be honest with you. People were satisfied with the graphics of GTAIII because it had such a huge scale. The graphics of this game look awesome in my opinion...we've only seen a tiny bit of them but they look great to me. You need to consider the fact that there's going to be a lot more screens/videos released in the next 7 months. Something we need to also consider is the scale....if you're so disappointed with the graphics, why not wait until the entire scale of the city is revealed? Also, remember that this game uses the Euphoria Engine.....we haven't really seen anything yet as far as physics and anything like that goes.

Honestly, I think that graphics look awesome so far, the only thing I want is more pedestrians.
And if you think the graphics are good now, wait til 6 months later when you see them UP CLOSE

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The graphics were good for 2001. Look at other games from that year.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote