Old 03-05-2007   #1
handigeharry

handigeharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Episodes?

"Publisher Take Two announced in a financial results conference call that Grand Theft Auto IV will be shipped simultaneously for the Xbox 360 and PS3 during the month of October.

They also stated that the Episodes will start to be released in 2008, as far as we know this is still an exclusive to Xbox Live Marketplace."

Excuse me for my ignorance and all, but will GTA IV be released in October or in 2008? And what the hell are Episodes? Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The game comes out in October, Episodes are just extra downloadable content to make the game last longer, may include extra missions or other stuff.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
handigeharry

handigeharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks! I already went crazy cause 2008 is far from here.. but I think I can last until October
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
It's going to be released in October 2007.
And episodes are simply put, add ons
For example, people could consider Vice City an episodic update of GTA3.
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Do you think because of the episodes they will no longer need to make another IV game?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic
Do you think because of the episodes they will no longer need to make another IV game?
Looking at it from this way the could make an unlimited number of Updates for GTAIV. So basically they could use this for as long as possible.

The possibilities via the Extra Content are unlimited, only limited by space and what the console can handle
Old 03-06-2007   #7
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Possibilities are endless..but it also depends on how many people play the game for that long
Old 03-06-2007   #8
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'm pretty sure that the exclusive episodes will be released for PS3 at a later time.
And whatever "exclusive" content the PS3 will get, will probably be limited as well.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #9
Scott

But like with the Xbox and PC in the III engined generation, the PS3 will have to wait longer than the 360 users for this content.

Gives the 360 the "I need a console for GTAIV what one should I get" market for GTAIV in the short term atleast.

ANd as to the updates pertainign to possible games..I doubt it. The X360's hard drive is only 20GB, and the PS3's is only 60GB. Microsoft may have plans for a 120GB..but still.

Anyway my point being to download an entire game, the filesize will be HUGE. And with the amount of people on download-limited broadband, it's just not a possibility.