Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013   #1
OniNoSeishin

OniNoSeishin is an unknown quantity at this point
[q] enb/icenhancer not working at all

Hi all,

i just reinstalled gta 4, waiting for gta 5 to come out for pc, but this time i wanted to enhance it a little bit with some cool enb/icenhancer.

So, i installed gta4 from cd, updated to 1.0.4.0, added commandline.txt with "-norestrictions -nomemrestrict" (since my gpu has 3gb memory, which causes resolution to get fixed at 800x600), and installed icenhancer 2.1.

Problem is: when i run LaunchGTAIV.exe the game just doesn't start. If i open up task manager and look the process list, i can see LaunchGTAIV.exe and GTAIV.exe on the list, but the game just doesn't start (no error shown, no black screen, no bsod). Nothing!

I've not any MSI Afterburn/RivaTuner installed, so i really don't know what else to do. I found none else having my same problem by googling, can anyone here help me, please?
OniNoSeishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Do you have scripthook.dll aswell? Id try a different enb if thats not the issue, 1.25 is quite nice too
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #3
OniNoSeishin

I tried with scripthook, still same result.

I really don't understand what i need to run icenhancer/enb:
do i need xlive.dll? Which one?
do i need scripthook? The net version or the normal one?
do i need them both?
do i need the modified filelist.pak or not? Or do i need the FileCheckFix.asi?
Old 11-26-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You need all the files that come with scripthook (scripthook.dll, scripthookdotnet.asi etc) and you'll need an asiloader (xliveless.dll or dsound.dll, make sure you've only got one)

Those files should do it, make sure you have the correct version of both
Old 11-26-2013   #5
OniNoSeishin

Still no luck...

- got RGSC from here (since is required to run 1.0.4.0)
- scripthook (0.5.1, by alexander blade & aru) + asi loader (dsound.dll) from here (translation: supported gta patches 1.0.1.0, 1.0.2.0, 1.0.3.0, 1.0.4.0, 1.0.0.4, 1.0.6.0, 1.0.7.0)
- .net scripthook from here (v1.7.1.7a, for gta 1.0.4.0 and older)

...and game starts.
BUT whenever i put icenhancer 2.1 or 1.25, it's the same as before. Processes just hang there and the game doesn't start.
Old 11-27-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Did you put back the original files before changing to the other enb? Installing multiple at once can give problems
Old 11-27-2013   #7
OniNoSeishin

Yes, i did. I keep a zipped backup of the GTA folder.

Last edited by OniNoSeishin; 11-27-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 11-27-2013   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I'd assume you've thought of that but are you running it in administrator mode? If so I don't know what else it can be
Old 11-28-2013   #9
OniNoSeishin

Yes, i am. Well, thanks for trying anyway!
I'll just try again next time i reinstall windows
Old 11-28-2013   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Or just try using the latest patch, the 1.25 enb (beta version) works fine for that one