Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013   #1
Damage Inc.

Damage Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Changing Weapon Info doesn't have effect?

Hi.

I had never really messed around with the Weapon Info, but I wanted to make some changes recently.
So I tried to use the Weapon Info editor that is out there, made by CoMPMStR, but changes that I made to any accuracy-settings didn't seem to affect the actual usage. I mean, to test it I've tried it with really low and really high values, but it all seems to result in the same old pinpoint accuracy, which majorly boring.
However, when I change the value of damage and range and such, it des affect the in-game results.

Now, am I doing something wrong or should it just work and is there something going wrong in the software?

The values I've messed with are, under 'Aiming', the 'Accuracy' and 'Offset' settings. Is there something I'm overlooking or how can I make it so that bullets don't just always hit exactly where I aim?
I know this game probably has one of the most "arcade" weapon-systems, but I'm hoping it could be modified to simulate some recoil and inertia and all that stuff.

Oh, and if there's a mod like that out there, please just point me towards it.

Thanks.
Damage Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Naruto 607
The young Law Enforcer from Konoha

Naruto 607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear Damage. Inc,

I've already tested myself using the My Realistic Weapon Mod v3Ω rev. 2 I made from scratch (not using WeaponInfo Editor). I think there is something that ignores weapon accuracy and aiming.

Idk which one, though , but the effect of this comes to the AI (NPC). The higher the accuracy, the chance the AI hit his/her target will be higher.

I've discussed this with gabeisfatandiam. My mod doesn't have a new revision, but do REAL damage.

I'm not a programmer beginner, so don't ask me to edit script.img. It's a whole C++ coding structure, and idk how to edit one that modifies player's weapon accuracy.
Naruto 607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #3
Damage Inc.

Damage Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, so you're saying that the accuracy-settings basically don't really work? Or they get ignored somehow anyway.

Well, I guess I could give that mod a try for some variation. I've changed settings with the editor myself, but the "feel" is always the same, which is a shame. Especially when you're used to game-weapons that just freak out all over the place like in 'Payday 2' or maybe even 'Spec Ops: The Line' which would be more LIKE "GTAIV". Man, if only GTAIV had gunplay like "The Line" has... That game is such a good 3rd-person shooter for a PC-version. Hope Rockstar got their **** together for part 5...

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Damage Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #4
Naruto 607
The young Law Enforcer from Konoha

Naruto 607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
OK, so you're saying that the accuracy-settings basically don't really work? Or they get ignored somehow anyway.

Well, I guess I could give that mod a try for some variation. I've changed settings with the editor myself, but the "feel" is always the same, which is a shame. Especially when you're used to game-weapons that just freak out all over the place like in 'Payday 2' or maybe even 'Spec Ops: The Line' which would be more LIKE "GTAIV". Man, if only GTAIV had gunplay like "The Line" has... That game is such a good 3rd-person shooter for a PC-version. Hope Rockstar got their **** together for part 5...

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Good lookin'. Have a nice day.
Naruto 607 is offline   Reply With Quote