Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
GTA V for PC!

lol just kidding

We all wish it I know

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just praying it isn't a year or something crazy like with IV
Old 09-18-2013   #3
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
It won't be when PS4 / XBox One releases of GTAV are available too, since both of those consoles use the x86 like desktop PC's do the port will be much easier and much faster.

I'm thinking pc version of GTA V will be available around the start of 2014

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 09-18-2013 at 04:22 AM..
Old 09-18-2013   #4
HarshIV
Programming and modding freak

HarshIV is an unknown quantity at this point
When will it release for PC?
Old 09-18-2013   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshIV View Post
When will it release for PC?
I answered your thread

Old 09-18-2013   #6
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
As amazing as this game is, I cant help but feel like the hardware is holding it back, i'm really looking forward and hoping they'll update it for PS4/PC.

You leave a car for a few seconds and it vanishes, pop-in can be an issue on occasion, objects you'd expect to move when you hit them don't, not all trailers are usable, some textures are quite low res, the frame rate isn't always smooth and the resolution and loading times could be better.

As a pure game, it's amazing, for the hardware it looks beautiful and i'm going to be playing for years, but I cant help thinking that with more RAM and power this game could really shine and I would buy it on PS4 in a heartbeat if it was a 1080p, improved version.
Old 09-19-2013   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Game is about 18GBs to install on PS3, with better textures and etc how much could it take on PC? 25GB max?
Old 09-19-2013   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Game is about 18GBs to install on PS3, with better textures and etc how much could it take on PC? 25GB max?
depends on the resolution of the cut scene movies, Max Payne 3 was 30GB install size on PC cause the cut scene movies were all 1080p

25GB sounds like a good prediction though

Last edited by Nite; 09-19-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 09-20-2013   #9
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
depends on the resolution of the cut scene movies, Max Payne 3 was 30GB install size on PC cause the cut scene movies were all 1080p

25GB sounds like a good prediction though
Cut scenes in RAGE games aren't movies, they're running in real time in the engine.
Old 09-19-2013   #10
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

I don't think textures take up that much storage space, I wouldn't think it'd need to be much, if any bigger than 20GB, as they don't really need to add anything other than uprated textures, the engine is already capable of 1080p+ and 60fps+ isn't it?
Old 09-22-2013   #11
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Late November/early December is the latest for PC version.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Grand...t-384561.shtml

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/...xcites-elites/
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #12
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I think I can wait until then, even if those sources are as legit as the dark-side of my nutsack.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #13
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Max resolution of 1280*720 or 1080p with black bars?

not sure if srs

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Quote:
What's more, the game is optimized for the PC and will have a locked framerate of either 30 or 60fps, although its resolution is capped at 1280x720. A higher 1920x1080 is possible but black bars will be added to compensate.
Ahahahahaha, no no no no no nooo you stupid mooks. When was the last time you saw a game capped like this and not have it completely fail on the open market?

Do these people really believe Rockstar would actually regress in port quality and put out something so abysmally awful? Why has the author of that article decided to post something so inane as this, when the proof is in the god damn pudding?
Old 09-22-2013   #15
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Some more about the soon to come PC version =)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA...orm-59220.html
THB is offline   Reply With Quote