Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013   #1
Aiyowasai

Aiyowasai is an unknown quantity at this point
Pre-Order From Best Buy A Disaster

I pre-ordered my copy of GTA V about two months ago. Best Buy sent me a notice that they shipped it out on 9/12 via UPS MI but there were no updates on the tracking status until 9/14 and the estimated delivery date is now Thursday. Not only that, I was supposed to get a $10 in reward certificate (500 My Best Buy points) when I pre-ordered the game but I only received 118.

I don't know about other venues (Amazon, GameStop), but I would not recommend getting it from Best Buy.
Aiyowasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #2
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Posting from a seperate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
best buy in my city just doesn't know shit about games,

I preordered ACIII from them, supposed to come in a steelbook case if you preorder. I get there and they hand me a regular copy, a little bit of discussion later and they tell me that they had the steelbook ones, and just put them on the shelf and sold them....

So I'm sticking with Gamestop who at least knows their shit.
if i want a t.v or shit, i'll go to best buy, but gaming is srs business, i'll go to a dedicated game store.
Old 09-16-2013   #3
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
if i want a t.v or shit, i'll go to best buy, but gaming is srs business, i'll go to a dedicated game store.
You're correct. Although if I happen to be AT Best Buy and they have the goods in-store, I have no problems buying there. Their return policy is probably as good as any other place.

When it comes to buying games regularly, or en masse, GameFly is probably one of the best around. I still prefer GF to Steam any day of the week...
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #4
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about

I know that feeling man. On the plus side you have a copy headed your way. I have nothing.
Old 09-16-2013   #5
Aiyowasai

I am in no way a "serious gamer", but I have now learned my lesson.
Old 09-16-2013   #6
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
If your not serious then why worry about it?
Old 09-16-2013   #7
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
Well, I suppose that it might be about the money.

But that's just a guess.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #8
Aiyowasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
I'm not worried. I just don't like paying for something and not getting it.

This is not about gaming, it's about a business promising consumers something and not deliver.

I shared this to discourage others buying from Best Buy to avoid potentially dealing with the same BS I'm dealing with now.
Old 09-16-2013   #9
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Roger that sorry for bb fucking you over.