Old 08-07-2013   #1
quick_silver69

quick_silver69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Non of the MODS working. . . :(

Me & 5 of my friends tried all possible instructions but cannot MOD our GTA 4 anyhow with any of the mods.
Please assist us MOD our GTA. We'd love to experience them.
quick_silver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
What kind of mods are you trying to install and how did you install them? What steps did you take?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #3
quick_silver69

i've tried basic car mods & weapon mods... i tried to mod using open iv... nothing works.
Old 08-09-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Did you update your game?

If so maybe try sparkIV, it's a little more user friendly. In SparkIV simply browse to the correct location (usually pc/models/cdimages then opening the right image) and hit import and select the files the mod provides. THen hit save and exit.

If you're keen on sticking with OpenIV though, just go to the right location.. go into edit mode (big button in top-right corner) and right click the files you have to replace and just select replace. Then select the corresponding files.
Old 08-10-2013   #5
quick_silver69

openIV is pretty easy to use.. i'm not facing any trouble with embedding the MODs..
But you said someting about "updating the game".. is that mandate?
If yes, how can i check the version & update the same for my GTA 4?
Old 08-11-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Gta should auto-update whenever you try to start it for the first time

but if you want to check just go to the main dir and right-click the gta4.exe and go to details. It should list the version somewhere (for most mods to work properly you need atleast patch 1.0.4.0, 1.0.7.0. is the latest patch).
Old 08-16-2013   #7
quick_silver69

It says File/Product version 1.0.0.0...
Old 08-16-2013   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Yeah that's the oldest version, you really have to update your games for those mods to work
Old 08-16-2013   #9
quick_silver69

I updated to the latest one & all of the mods worked like charm... Thank you @killerfist.
i forwarded the same info to my friends & it worked for them as well..
Old 08-16-2013   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Glad to hear that, have fun man