Old 07-27-2013   #1
SturmWurbler

SturmWurbler is an unknown quantity at this point
CTD Every Time I Play Crime And Punishment!

Crash To Desktop Every Time I Play The Mission 'Crime And Punishment'

Hello guys, I need some help.

My Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 64 4200+ @ 2.2GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450 (1GB VRAM)
RAM: 2GB Corsair DDR2

Yes, I play this game at medium/low with about 25fps with a few commandline alterations (restricting video memory etc).

My Game:
- Fresh install two days ago (25th July)
- A few vehicle mods (about 12, all civilian cars)
- Patched to v1.0.7.0
- Recently uninstalled ELS (Emergency Light System) to try and resolve this problem

The Problem:
Right, my game has been fine up until the mission 'Crime and Punishment'. I can go to Roman after calling him, I can play the cutscene just fine, but about 2 seconds after the actual mission starts (where you're stood outside Mikhail's house), the game crashes to my desktop with the RC20 error message: GTA Fatal Error: invalid resource detected. Please reinstall the game

What I've tried:
I had read somewhere that ELS can cause this problem, so I uninstalled my ELS v7, but the same thing still happens.

Any help, please? - SturmWurbler

I've now solved the problem myself, by restoring all my modified vehicle's back to the vanilla original models. I don't know why that would've been a problem, as I hadn't replaced either the police car that you drive in, or the Speedo vans that you search, but it worked.

Hopefully this thread will help anyone in the future, if nothing else.

- SturmWurbler

UPDATE:

I have discovered that the problem is not the mission, it is when I enter the area (Beachgate), that my game crashes if I have any custom vehicles installed. I would like to have vehicle mods, but I don't know a way around this - any suggestions?

- SturmWurbler

Last edited by SturmWurbler; 07-27-2013 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
SturmWurbler is offline   Reply With Quote