Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012   #1
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
Who Else Is Really Excited About The World?!

I love the missions and the vehicles and the characters just as much as the next person, but i'm looking forward to the world the most! The screens of the mountains look amazing and just begs for exploration! Then there's underwater caves too?! I also can't wait to see Los Santos recreated! Rockstar does a brilliant job with their world building. The LA vibe will be so fun to experience again. What parts of Los Santos and the world are you most excited about?
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #2
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I am excited to explore the world, blasting down coastal roads in a convertible, climbing mountains on a Quadbike, swooping under bridges in a biplane, darting down rivers on a Jetski; it's going to be a pretty amazing experience without even playing any missions.
Old 11-14-2012   #3
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I am excited to explore the world, blasting down coastal roads in a convertible, climbing mountains on a Quadbike, swooping under bridges in a biplane, darting down rivers on a Jetski; it's going to be a pretty amazing experience without even playing any missions.
Yes! You plan on just exploring at the beginning instead of doing missions since the world is open from the start? What do you think will be the beat part of the city? Vinewood? Downtown?
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #4
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Oh I'll definitely be playing the missions, but I just mean time spent between missions is looking like its going to be just as amazing as playing through them.
Old 11-14-2012   #5
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
Im excited about everything in this game! I can't wait to explore the wilderness areas and see what kind of crazy random events they have going on out there. Also really can't wait to run around this huge map in multiplayer, hopefully they build on the character customization options, and maybe add some gang hideouts or missions to multiplayer.
MrXakaRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #6
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Im more interested in the countryside than LS, tbh. I always liked driving on the sand or any off road area in IV because I got so sick of driving on a road or footpath. Im really looking forward to bashing a vehicle over mountains and off of cliffs through the countryside. Not much has been said about animals other than the small mentioning that there were farm stock spotted in the country during a demo with trevor, but I would like the hunting from RDR to be implemented into GTA V. Getting attacked by a cougar (or whatever is in california) and blowing it up with an rpg would be pretty fun.

Pretty much RDR with vehicles and new guns appeals to me most when I think about the country side. But exploring the entire map is my biggest interest with GTA V, as ive said in another post i do appreciate the design and detail in the game quite a lot. So exploration would probably come first before I get right into the missions. Plus im looking forward to some san andreas nostaglia as blaine county could involve flint county and a recent picture of trevor shows him in a place that looks like angel pine
By the way they have explained the map and showed it off, exploration is at the top of my list.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #7
TairyGreene

TairyGreene is on a distinguished roadTairyGreene is on a distinguished roadTairyGreene is on a distinguished roadTairyGreene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Not much has been said about animals other than the small mentioning that there were farm stock spotted in the country during a demo with trevor, but I would like the hunting from RDR to be implemented into GTA V. Getting attacked by a cougar (or whatever is in california) and blowing it up with an rpg would be pretty fun.
I don't know if you saw this in the Benzies interview, but it seems like we'll be able to find plenty of animals in the countryside and even in Los Santos itself:

“The setting of Red Dead Redemption meant that animals were a necessity for the ambient world - something we hadn't required in GTA previously”, says Benzies. “But because of the scale of the map [in GTA V] and the different kinds of areas involved, a countryside without animals would feel quite hollow. At the same time, animals aren't just a backdrop - you can expect to see dogs guarding areas and causing the player trouble when they try to sneak past them.”
TairyGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
The first thing I'm going to do is steal a car and kidnap it's passenger, drive up to the desert and execute him. That was something I missed in Gta IV, those long rural area's.

and ofcourse driving there with a sanchez that was so much fun in Gta SA, driving from one urban area to the next (with nothing but countryroads between it). Missions are fun but for me Gta has mostely been about free-roaming, sometimes really violently and other times just driving around and looking at the surroundings. Can be quite fun to walk around too, bump into citizens, get into streetfights etc.

Lastly I second RPGing a cougar (or the next best thing), in RDR they terrorized me.. time to get some payback
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #9
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I'm pretty amped up for this one! I want to see a re-imagined Grove Street and Mount Chiliad. Pretty much I see how massive this map is going to be and the sheer exploration factor is going to be fun (secret packages please!). If Rockstar keeps on with the tradition of great soundtracks just cruising should be fun. Who knows maybe they're will be some of those urban legends showing up this time.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #10
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
I cant wait to get into a Patriot and just drive around in GTAV.
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #11
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

I'm pretty sure there was mention of coyotes in one of the previews.
Old 11-14-2012   #12
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Does it seem like we're only seeing a tiny portion of the city? It just seems like they're releasing shots that only contain certain angles. I hope the city is as big as stated.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #13
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
As a percentage of the map I'd like for the city to be about 3/8's I'd much rather have a big countryside with towns and stuff, and one big city, then country.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #14
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quick little thing i threw together for a post on reddit/r/grandtheftautov

Basically, taking the iconic parts of the greater metro LA area, shaving the gritty gang parts and ending up with a compact Los Angeles.

Last edited by Phil; 11-14-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #15
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
using the cars on this world. thats what i'm looking forward to. I'd like to recreate that last scene in Fast and the Furious too...