Old 08-19-2012   #1
MrNive
Sandbox Addict

MrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished road
Trouble with Sound modding...

I'm not sure how you guys get it to work. I have managed to mod my weapon sounds twice, both times were just be doing trial and error. The instructions I've seen from many readmes are always the same, but it almost never decompresses into a Sound Bank... just stays as "File" (This is in OpenIV).

Seeing that recent mods have included gun sounds goes to show that it does work but I just don't know how to... if it's because I'm playing on 1.0.7 patch

Thanks in advance for anyone who can solve this problem, I've been unable to find a "good" answer to this when searching for help on google etc..
MrNive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Simple solution, don't use OpenIV for audio files

Download SparkIV and follow the instructions, you're probably already read this (on your LR 300 readme) but just in case, here's how you do it:

- Navigate to pc/audio/sfx (in sparkIV or OpenIV) open up resident.rpf, click resident and export the
'weapons.ivaud' file
- Open the weapons.ivaud file with gtaivaud 1.1.5 and replace the files described in the readme
- After replacing the files save the ivaud file (if you don't have a backup, use 'save as' and save it to a
different location)
- Open up your game again in sparkIV and replace the weapons.ivaud file (in resident.rpf)

Probably have to update my readmes from now on, I saw that it indeed mentioned you could also use OpenIV for it, which is not true.

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-19-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #3
MrNive
Sandbox Addict

MrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished road
You my friend, are a legend. First you convert me the LR-300 now you solve this sound problem that has been bugging me for a month since I started modding GTA 4. Thanks A LOT!
MrNive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No problem
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote