Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012   #1
MrNive
Sandbox Addict

MrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished road
TLAD: Possible to get Billy's Gloves?

I started playing TLAD and noticed how good Billy's gloves look and was wondering if anyone has been able to make it available as a mod? My instincts tell me that the only way is to somehow get the texture and put it on a hand model, but that's just a guess.

Hoping anyone here with experience knows and can enlighten the newbie.
MrNive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
If only it'd be that easy

No those textures are specifically made for the 3d model of the hands, just swapping texturing will not do you any good. This because the textures are kinda locked on to a certain coordinate on the 3dmodel, so the texture will work but it'll be in the wrong place. That and the texture map is probably just a pattern, the 3dmodel (the .wdr) makes the shape of the glove
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #3
MrNive
Sandbox Addict

MrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished roadMrNive is on a distinguished road
Argh, I kind of suspected that but didn't want it to be true... ah well. Guess I've just got to try modding existing hand textures...
MrNive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Niko does have fingerless gloves by default though (as an option, you can put them on with simple native trainer, never found out how to put them on without using the trainer) not sure which color they use to be (I think beige?) because I made them black.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote