Old 12-14-2011   #1
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Grand Theft Auto III Mobile

Exciting, wasn't expecting them to release it as the clock hit midnight, but I thought i'd check.

who else is getting this?
Old 12-14-2011   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh shit it's out already? I haven't written up a post yet! What the hell Rockstar you normally do things at 5PM GMT.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #3
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I've tired out so many clones and it's a crash festival. Hopefully it's optimized well enough where I can play it for 10 min before it force closes.
Old 12-15-2011   #4
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
It rocks. It's super cheap and it plays really well. I already completed a bunch of missions on this. Biggest plus is that all the music is also in it and that it looks super sharp on my 4s.
eli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
On another note, based on feedback from users, it looks like Apple A5 users get pretty much the XBox version including it's higher quality textures, higher polygon models, and specular lighting. Accurate real-time reflections still may be lacking so the XBox version probably remains the definitive version. Apple A4 users generally get the higher quality textures for close distance objects, only get the high polygon models for Claude, lack specular lighting, are missing shadows, traffic lights, and car brake lights. Still, Apple A4 devices are still arguably closer to the PC version than the PS2 version.

EDIT: Apple A5 devices also get native resolution graphics while A4 devices are sub-native in game although they use native resolution menus. A5 devices also get blood effects.
Macrumors

I downloaded it and did the first mission, things in the post are true about the graphical capabilities of the A4. No blood, no lights, no sunshine so far on my iPhone 4. But we're getting an iPad 2 soon so I will get to play it with full graphics at some point.

Anyway though, it did run pretty well and once I figured out how to move Claude around it become fun again. Might spend an hour or two messing around on this. It is incredible that the game that revolutionized the PS2 is now playable on a phone, who would have seen that coming circa 2001?
Old 12-15-2011   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Just finished downloading, this is freaking cool. 10 years ago I couldn't have imagined playing this game on my phone.
Old 12-15-2011   #7
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Been playing it all day, keep getting people saying "is that a video?"

I didn't realise it had been slightly trimmed down for the A4 devices, I did notice the blood, brake lights were missing though, no big deal really, its still freaking cool.

i have come across a bug though, where some vehicles don't drive in a straight line, the Banshee likes to drift off to the left, anyone else noticing this?

I wonder what this means for GTA IV in 7 years time... crazy to imagine playing that on a phone
Old 12-15-2011   #8
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck, I just got to the bomb da base act ii mission and it's a fucking pain in the ass to complete on this.
eli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised at how well this runs. My iPhone can play GTA 3 and my PS3 can't.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #10
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Perfect timing for my 4S purchase tomorrow.

I'm gonna be broke till Thursday though.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #11
Roper
Banned
Banned

Roper is on a distinguished roadRoper is on a distinguished road
Not that cheap still manageable. Bought it. Cool yo. Try to mod soon.
Roper is offline   Reply With Quote