Manhunt 2 0 0%
Midnight Club LA 1 0.97%
Beaterator 1 0.97%
Red Dead Redemption 55 53.40%
L.A. Noire 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2011   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Best Non-GTA Rockstar Game

This thread is where you can choose the best Non-GTA Rockstar Game and discuss it. Here are the choices:
Quote:
- Wild Metal
- Smuggler's Run 2
- Max Payne
- Smuggler's Run: Warzones
- Midnight Club II
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
- Manhunt
- Red Dead Revolver
- Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
- The Warriors
- Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis
- Bully
- Manhunt 2
- Midnight Club LA
- Beaterator
- Red Dead Redemption
- L.A. Noire
This thread is a part of the GTAGaming Poll Event.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #2
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Oh man. This is a fucking hard one. Though out of those choices,

It would be a tie between Max Payne 2: FOMP, and Manhunt 1 for me... I am totally split between those 2...

Max Payne 2. I do not remember when I got this game, I just remember anticipating its release, If I would have to guess it would probably be for PC in early 2004. Well, I pick 2 over 1. 2, it just seemed to be more "there" if you know what I mean. The character connections, and emotional connection to those characters you can truly "feel" from each character. You can feel what the character is feeling, you can think what the character is thinking, in other words.

Manhunt 1. Fuck, I got this game for PS2 around December 2003, shortly after its release I think, this day I own it on all consoles, PS2/Xbox/PC. This, it creates a whole new element and approach for a R* game, horror. To me, this is a true "non-spiritual" horror game, with (at least to my memory) all real elements. You are on the loose, bad guys are trying to kill you, you have to hide from the bad guys and take them down one by one or be killed.

My only gripe about Manhunt, ESPECIALLY 2 (which is a piece of shit), is where it basically turns into an all out gun fight. Then it just goes down-hill.

----

After racking my brain a little, I would pick Max Payne 2: FOMP as my favorite non-GTA Rockstar game. Max Payne 2, it stays fluent all throughout the game, at no point do I lose interest in the characters or story throughout the duration of it.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #3
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Oh golly, what a tough question. Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game on the modern generation of consoles, so it will be a hard task for me to go past it. At the same time, it doesn't have that super-awesome nostalgia feeling like some of the others on that list as it's less than two years old. Games like Max Payne, Manhunt, Bully and The Warriors are games that I can look back on now as the ones I played in my teenage years.

I am going over-and-over these games in my mind, yet none of them seem better than the others right now. I reserve the right to vote in this poll after some much needed self-debate. I shall vote once this internal struggle has subsided.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
This is an easy one for me, Max Payne will always be one of my top games of all time!
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #5
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
I think I have only played like 4 of those games, to choose out of those it would be Midnight Club II. I just liked the story, and how the game was setup.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #6
duaragan

duaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished road
Hard decision, but the warriors was a really enjoyable beat em up.
Old 11-18-2011   #7
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I really like Max Payne, and RDR but the Warriors was awesome back in the day. Also it was a game based on a movie that was actually really good so thats why I choose the Warriors.
Old 11-18-2011   #8
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I think Bully was the best idea of all those games. But with RDR as a pretty close second.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #9
gniady851
Newbie Member

gniady851 is an unknown quantity at this point
IF THERE WAS 1 CATEGORY THAT IS TOUGH ITS THIS ONE....U HAVE MANHUNT....LA NOIRE....WARRIORS....MIDNIGHT CLUB 3 DUB EDIITON....RED DEAD ITS LIKE WHY CANT WE JUST PIK ALL OF THEM
gniady851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I've played less that half of those but I went with Bully. The game was great but the music is probably what stands out in my mind the most.

I might have picked Undead Nightmare if that were an option.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #11
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I voted RDR, even though I had to sit and think. Bully, The Warriors, Max Payne, Smugglers Run... all great games, all happy nostalgia when I think of 'em.

Also Undead Nightmare should be added to the list.
Old 11-19-2011   #12
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I voted Red Dead Redemption. I remember loving Smuggler's Run at the time, but i only played it at my mates house when i could, so i don't know if it would have been enjoyable for as long as other games.

I also loved the gameplay of Bully, but RDR has awesome gameplay and a fucking beautiful world.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Note: Undead Nightmare is DLC for Red Dead Redemption, so if you want to vote for that, choose Red Dead Redemption, the choices INCLUDE their DLC.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #14
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Minecraft
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #15
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
Minecraft
It has to be a game made by Rockstar Games that is NOT Grand Theft Auto.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote