Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011   #1
Asmo
Not a Cock

Asmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura about
IGN director quote "heard some interesting things"

Quote:
Heard some interesting things about the next Grand Theft Auto last night.
http://twitter.com/#!/jimreilly/stat...97930211737600

Keep in mind, this guy in the news director over at IGN UK. What you guys think?
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #2
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking a October release

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #3
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG how many years have i waited for ANY information about the next gta?!?!?!
Old 03-03-2011   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney View Post
OMG how many years have i waited for ANY information about the next gta?!?!?!
If you're a PC/PS3 player, less than One Year, if you're an Xbox 360 player, about a Year and a Half.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #5
almostrodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
If you're a PC/PS3 player, less than One Year, if you're an Xbox 360 player, about a Year and a Half.
Iv been waiting for it since 2008 I never really bothered with the DLC

But still I feel this is great news, why else would he say something, and with Taketwo registering all them domains, it can only be good!
Old 03-04-2011   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney View Post
I never really bothered with the DLC
Gonna sound a bit obvious coming from me, but you should really check them out, this isn't your Activision "here's 4 maps for 15" deal, they're near enough Halfway GTA games, the storyline events in The Lost and Damned alone are worth because they fill in the gaps on where the drugs were before and after Niko dealt with, and of course The Ballad of Gay Tony then completes the Diamond storyline.

And then you have all the gameplay stuff such as Road Rash Biker Races, Drug/Gang Wars, Night Club Management, Fight Club, etc. And of course the new Radio content, Internet stuff and TV stuff buried in there.

It goes without saying, if you're a GTA fan, then you should pick up the DLC as it expands out GTA IV to much more. To simply refuse to get it because it's just DLC is a pretty stupid thing, Rockstar are one of the few companies out there who do DLC right. TLAD, TBOGT and Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare contain a hell of a lot more content than a handful of full new games these days!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #7
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want to jinx things or anything, but it certainly sounds like an announcement is looming. All of this stuff is popping up and it's reminding me of that whole Deepthroat scandal before IV came out.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #8
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
This doesnt really say much. "Interesting" could mean theyre considering not even making one or something. I highly doubt it, but still.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
You're right, but it is still buzz being built around a game that hasn't been announced yet.
Old 03-04-2011   #10
almostrodney

Oh no I got both DLC but I only did about 2 hours on each and went back to the original, sounds stupid but, I just prefered it

Wonder when the next bit of info will be?

And correct me if I was wrong but when gta iv was "announced" it was a 30 day count down at the start of feb and the first trailer was end of march, so could be the start of the flow of information about Gta V!
Old 03-04-2011   #11
victim

Actually, GTA IV was announced in May 2006, almost a year before that trailer came out. That countdown was significant because it was the first bit of facts anyone was getting about the game.
Old 03-07-2011   #12
Playboy X
GTAIV - 4/29

Playboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished road
Hmm..
Playboy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #13
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Well as stated earlier "interesting" could go either way.

As for DLC, I didn't upgrade to the current generation until last year, so I got GTA4 for $20 (shouldn't have wasted my money on any of the other games I've gotten). Anyway, I've decided to pass on the DLC, although I love a good story, in a game all I really care about is gameplay, and I couldn't justify spending $30/$40 on a few new guns and helicopters, even if the helicopter fires missiles (all stuff that should've been in the game from the start), when the next sequel is likely just around the corner and it will likely have all this extra stuff and more. Of course thats what I thought last time

At least better controls on foot, this area, while improved since SA, is still lacking, horrible indoor cameras and all, having to take EVERY SINGLE STAIR, even I can run up steps 2 or 3 at a time, not being able to shoot someone close quarters or having a secondary fire button for grenades/what have you

Well, the list goes on, but I still loved 4

After thinking about it, he probably didn't hear anything about GTA, just trying to stir up some commotion. Congradulations
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote