Old 09-20-2009   #1
butbut
Newbie Member

butbut is on a distinguished roadbutbut is on a distinguished road
newbie needs help

i have a ps3 and wants to add some cars to my game and can't figure out how to add the mods to my ps3. i tried to download from the homepage but when i tried to it says i need to pick the location. i thought it would go to my hard drive on my ps3. can anyone please help me with installing mods for gta4.
butbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009   #2
KotsChopShop
~Inked~

KotsChopShop is on a distinguished roadKotsChopShop is on a distinguished road
since when can you mod any GTA on the PS3?

you can do it with Xbox, but I've never heard of it even being slightly possible on the PS3

1-2-3-4 Fuck the Cops 1-2-3-4 Fuck the Cops
KotsChopShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #3
butbut
Newbie Member

Can you add mods to the PS3 version of GTA4???

I am confused, I am hearing all about mods for GTA4 - can it be done on the PS3 version of the game???
I would like to know whether I can mod my game or not. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Butbut
Old 09-26-2009   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Modding for GTA was always a trump card of the PC versions.

The modding scene is solely based around the PC version of GTA. There are a few ways to get or convert existing PC mods for console use on previous games like Vice City or San Andreas, but the work involved into making sure everything runs fine is staggering.

I think people have been trying to copy the game onto the HDD and modify it from there, not sure it they managed any headway but it's probably a lot easier these days. Better off asking someone who is active on the modding scene
Old 09-26-2009   #5
butbut
Newbie Member

copying to HDD an answer on mods for the PS3 GTA4?

Can someone tell me - yes or no - whether I can do any mods on the PS3 system for GTA4???

All help and direction is greatly appreciated from those with experience!
Old 09-26-2009   #6
daftshadow
Newbie Member

daftshadow is on a distinguished roaddaftshadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by butbut View Post
Can someone tell me - yes or no - whether I can do any mods on the PS3 system for GTA4???

All help and direction is greatly appreciated from those with experience!
If you couldn't figure out from the previous posters, then you're an idiot...
No mods for PS3.
daftshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #7
butbut
Newbie Member

And you are a little girl who finds the only place you can be tough is on a computer where you have no chance of getting your little butt kicked - but I imagine that happens enough at school or work or wherever you hide trembling in your piss stained panties.
Old 09-26-2009   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Problem #1: Anything is possible

So if you want a good anwser. It's yes, you can mod PS3 or any other console game in existence. But be prepared to muck around a whole lot to do anything.
Old 09-26-2009   #9
KotsChopShop
~Inked~

KotsChopShop is on a distinguished roadKotsChopShop is on a distinguished road
IF you can mod the PS3, like any console, you would have to chip it - this means not only buying a chip that allows you access to it's hard drive, but you'd have to install it as well (or find someone that can) - once you have the chip installed and can access the PS3 hard drive via sharing with your PC (special ethernet cable and PS3 interface soft needed) - then you would install GTA IV on the PS3 hard drive and mod it via your PC - or at least, that's how you do it with the XBox..

so you see, as everyone has mentioned, modding is meant for PC's, not consoles-

1-2-3-4 Fuck the Cops 1-2-3-4 Fuck the Cops
KotsChopShop is offline   Reply With Quote