Old 08-22-2009   #1
hitman47222
Newbie Member

hitman47222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry GTA IV ... maxed out??

well just got GTA IV ... the thing the game works fine without lag but after like 3 mins in game .. stuff starts disappearing like the streets and buildings ... only cars and people are there so technically everything just disappears .. is that a requirment problem??????

note*1 : i have vista and only 2 gb of ram ?? could that be causing any problem ? cause i thought it need 4 gb ??

note*2 : if i put everything on low and all the shadow denisty vehichle denisty and all that stuff to 0 and 1 ... still this happens ..

note*3 : in case you still dont exactly gets whats wrong .. check the pictures

note*4 : i can run the game on high texture/render without lag at all ... but i always keep it on meduim cause on high the problem happens like 5 mins after gameplay lol

note*5 : when this happens if i minimized the game then maxmized it again (by task manager) then the game is fine but then again after a while it starts happening ...

note*6 : pc specs :
AMD ATHLON II X2 250 @ 3.00GHZ
2 GB RAM
ATI RAEDON 4730
WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

pictures :
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/552...2215343702.png

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5...2215344826.png

NOTE : THE EXACT POST IS AT D-A-L HELP FORUMS BUT WE DID NOT FIND A SOLOUTION THERE SO I AM TRING HERE I AM NO SPAMMER
hitman47222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #2
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Did you try updating your graphics drivers? Worked for me.. what patch are you using?
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #3
hitman47222
Newbie Member

hitman47222 is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW That was a fast reply thanks

well i have the latest driver for my vid card ... by the way i bought the whole pc last week ...

and no patches... i only installed the game then played ...

would degrading to xp do any good ??and is it true it needs 4 gb of ram on vista ??
hitman47222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
GTA4 should only need 2.5GB of Ram on Vista compared to the 2GB it needs with XP. In any case, this game is balanced awkwardly and the main problem is your CPU, this game works best with Quad Corwe CPU's but to be honest it should work with Dual Core's to, you just have to run it on Low. This also sounds like the memory leak problem where the game just keeps bulking up and not refreshing the ram causing the game to become laggy as hell, so you'd be waiting on Rockstar for that one.

Only thing we can suggest is that you make sure the game is up to date with the latest patch, your graphics drivers are up to date (if you're on nvidia and only play GTA4, you'd best be sticking with 180.84 instead of the latest) and that you make sure to close down any programs before playing the game to hold off the memory leak probolem for as long as possible.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #5
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Well, I'm not really sure that 4GB is a must for Vista, but then again, I always had 4GB so I can't tell how the game would work with only 2GB.. I presume it would load things slower and write them into memory, but hey, that's not your problem now. I had this same problem because of the drivers on my gfx card. What you should do is search for compatible drivers with GTAIV, that means search for drivers that are universal for ATI cards and promise an increase in the performance of GTAIV. How much video ram does your ATI card have? And last, but not least, maybe you should think about overclocking your procesor to about 3.2-3.4GHz (I'm not even sure what the potential of an AMD is anymore, but Intel's are overclockable to about 50%).

As for patches, I'm not sure how much it could solve things as the last time I played GTAIV was on medium with patch 1.0.0.1. Try installing the newest one! You don't have anything to lose anyway. A long story short, this is what you should try:

- updating your ram to 4GB (buy some cheap, but good ram)
- searching for universal GTAIV drivers for ATI
- overclocking your gfx card
- overclocking your procesor
- updating the game version (patching)

And no, I don't suggest you degrade to XP, although I still use it. You should make a dual-boot, though! I have Win XP-Win 7 dual-booting system if a game refuses to work as good on Win XP as it would on Win 7. Also, I suggested overclocking, but you should inform yourself good before trying it. I overclocked my Intel from 2x2.2GHz to 2x3.6GHz and it's great. It doesn't overheat or anything. Also, while playing Prototype (the last game I played), I played with the clocks on my gfx card through RivaTuner (recommended for Nvidia cards) and had to make a vent system so it would never go over 75 degrees Celsius. It's a risky business, so I would recommend you try the simple things first which involve the upper mentioned software help.

Btw, sorry for the long post, but I hope all this will help ya!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I have the HD4850 ATI card, and overclocking makes all GPU related settings worse. It's weird, I OC the GPU clock and memory clock and things load slower and there's more disappearings. So unless there's a way around that, I don't think OC'ing cards does much difference.
Old 08-23-2009   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I have the HD4850 ATI card, and overclocking makes all GPU related settings worse. It's weird, I OC the GPU clock and memory clock and things load slower and there's more disappearings. So unless there's a way around that, I don't think OC'ing cards does much difference.
It makes a difference. But OC'ing this and that by 50 MHz won't do shit unless you know what your doing.

If your seeing artifacts, that means your overdoing something or your frying your card.

When OC'ing i always have RivaTuners ingame moniton enabled so i can keep a close look at the GPU stats.

And in the end it's down to the GPU and provider. My card does 1GHz on memory from the shitty 850 something it's set on and a boost of 50 - 75 MHz depending on the game and i always max the fans out at 100 from the 50% default. Made crysis playable on Very High at least

Now one of my friends can't even go about 10MHz for the shader core and he gets artifacts. Some people with the same product have different results which makes it hard to give a 100% sure answer to it, only estimates.

--

And it's down to the game. Most games i've played i didn't have any issues and a good amount of FPS boost with better performance. I haven't tried OC'ing on GTA IV because it's pointless anyway. I've got a Dual-Shit CPU and card with only 640MB with subliminal performance compared to what you people have now. GTAIV will run like shit no matter what setting.
Old 08-23-2009   #8
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
It hasn't fried and it doesn't have any problems. Ends up it was the verh high shadows that were doing that... My mistake there. But still, OC, by 200mhz on both gpu and memory clock, does bot-all for my GTA IV, and that's on a 64-bit system.
Old 08-23-2009   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hence the term: Game is shit on performance
Old 08-31-2009   #10
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Gonna need a fairly good system if you want to play it on max, with the specs in my signature I can run it at 1600x1200, with everything at max (accept the view distance slider is at 20, due to running out of video ram) and I get anywhere from 30 - 50fps depending on where I am in the game.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote