Old 08-01-2009   #1
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Fatal Error: RESC10

Or something like that ^^

So I just got GTA IV for my computer today, and I got everything set up. When I finally went to play it, I got "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: RESC10". I put the UI on Windows Classic and went to run it, same thing. It's getting to the copyright screen, then it's failing. Any tips?
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
A quick google search shows that the error specified is basically a Out Of Memory Error.

But the funny thing is, a 1GB 280GTX + 4GB RAM and a Quad core gives the same issue for a couple of other people with similar high end rigs. I've seen a couple with Windows Vista OS, not sure what to make of it.
Old 08-02-2009   #3
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
So, my computer aint gonna play it?
Old 08-02-2009   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Depends. Could you give a rough description of what hardware you have in the rig your trying to play on?
Old 08-02-2009   #5
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Here, http://mpscripts.co.nr/about.php (sorry for the advert). You can see my specs there.
Old 08-02-2009   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Your specs should run GTAIV with no problems at all.

I'm going to guess here:

Upgrade the basic drivers, the graphic drivers at least. And try running Windows Update if you haven't already. Just a precaution
Old 08-02-2009   #7
AirTotal
Newbie Member

AirTotal is an unknown quantity at this point
RESC10 Help!!

Hey guys, Im new, and i hope you can help me.. I got GTAIV only 3 days after it came out. Since then i got a few upgrades like a 8500GT (1GB) and 3GB DDR Memory..The game worked great until i uninstalled it to make way for some flight simulator add-ons, nothing has changed since i last played it (It worked excellent last time.) But today i reinstalled it and deleted some other games that take up space, so i installed and pressed play now, Upon startup it goes to a black screen (Before Menu) and crashes with a RESC10 Error and a Send Now-Dont Send error box...

It worked fine before this and updated drivers+Networking+DX10+Video Memory.. And it still wont start up..

And trust me i googled for days and im super frustrated.,.

Please Help!!
AirTotal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #8
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
AirTotal: I merged your thread with this once, since you both have the same problem. I suggested to Thomas B. that he add the "commandline.txt" file to his GTA IV folder with "-norestrictions" set in it. I'm not sure if that helped him, but you can try it out too
Old 08-03-2009   #9
AirTotal
Newbie Member

AirTotal is an unknown quantity at this point
No Problem rappo, hopefully this will easily be solved, and im trying out what you suggested :-)

---------------EDIT-------------------------

No it didnt work but now it says that windows has a non responsive program=GTAIV.exe.

Idk, how about a fresh install of the game?

Last edited by AirTotal; 08-03-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Asking for further help.
AirTotal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #10
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Bump?
Old 08-10-2009   #11
HouseMD

HouseMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiCk-AzZ
However, I some how managed to fix this. And all I did was the following in my Nvidia control-panel:

- Disabled GPU PhysX
- Set pre-rendered frames to 0
- Set to "Single monitor compability mode"
Well i searched on google for a fix, and since Thomas B. has a nvidia graphics card, it should help em.