Old 01-27-2009   #1
smegmusmagnus

smegmusmagnus is on a distinguished roadsmegmusmagnus is on a distinguished roadsmegmusmagnus is on a distinguished road
out of commision

***SPOILER!!!!!***

i hate this fucking mission!

what is the key to getting into the copter?

is it rhythmic tapping; or speed tapping; or what?

i hated that mission where you had to climb into the truck which you are riding on, too; same reason.

wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have to start the entire mission over again every time i fail: but that's typical GTA i guess.

this mission sux!!!

i love this game; i think it is a worthy successor to any of the other GTA titles, and yes. i know that this kind of stupid frustration is endemic to these games: Nevertheless, this mission sux!!!

anyone have any useful hints as to how to succeed?
smegmusmagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Tap the button with full body effort. Left hand forces the controller into the right thumb. You should understand what I mean once you give it a try.

But wait, we're talking PC.. right? Yeah, so try the same thing to an extent if you can't succeed otherwise.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #3
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
for the mission on the Truck, just run ahead of it, quickly get out and run into the Yellow Arrow behind it as it passes by you, and to keep from falling off the edge takes careful timeing, if the truck comes up to a right turn, roll to the right, if he comes up to a left turn quickly roll to the left, you will slide a little bit but won't fall off. Do this until you crawl to the front cab section.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #4
Kaity
Average Girl Gamer

Kaity is on a distinguished roadKaity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmusmagnus View Post
wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have to start the entire mission over again every time i fail: but that's typical GTA i guess.

I love GTA:IV but I HATE HATE HATE this aspect of it! In some missions you end up two steps back if you fail the second, SO fricking annoying.
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #5
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I thought those missions were extremely easy? It's just rapid tapping?
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013   #6
Sludge

Sludge is an unknown quantity at this point
I have your problem smegmusmagnus.. Tapping the button just makes the camera jump around until I fall. Has anyone managed to do this on the P.C.? (I use a Logitech F710 Gamepad) I am beginning to think it is a program bug.
Sludge is offline   Reply With Quote