Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008   #1
Shazly
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 35
Shazly is on a distinguished roadShazly is on a distinguished road
Talking Sony UK boss on DLC: 'Nothing is ever exclusive'

Sony Computer Entertainment UK managing director Ray Maguire has told VideoGamer.com that "nothing is ever exclusive" in response to questions surrounding exclusive DLC on Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Microsoft has tied up Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable content for some of this year's biggest games, including GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider: Underworld, leading to complaints from some PS3 owners that Sony isn't doing enough for them.

However, speaking to VideoGamer.com at the Games 3.0 conference in London earlier this week, Maguire rejected those complaints, saying he would "much rather that we (Sony) were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

Maguire's "nothing is ever exclusive" comment is certain to add fuel to speculation that the high profile GTA 4 DLC that is due for release exclusively on the Xbox 360 will eventually make its way to the PS3.

Back in May, SCEE boss David Reeves told VideoGamer.com in that PS3-owners "probably will see" GTA 4 DLC, and described the deal as "the last shot they (Microsoft) have".

When asked if he had any message for PS3-owners who feel frustrated at the fact that they won't be have access to downloadable content for GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider: Underworld, Maguire replied: "One thing to remember, nothing is ever exclusive. Things get wrapped up for a period of time for a large amount of money and if it's a strategic decision by competition to do that then we have to live with that."

He added: "Obviously, what we have to do is make sure that our business plan is adhered to and we have the amount of money to invest in games rather than investing in stopping other people making games and progressing. So I would much rather that we were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet, rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

When we pressed Maguire on the subject, asking him directly if exclusive Xbox 360 DLC might eventually come to the PS3, he dodged the issue, saying: "You have to remember that most third-party publishers of course have a business proposition that covers all platforms. With our own of course it's different because our investment would purely be on our own platforms, and that's the same as any first party. That's a small part of the overall offering nowadays and the days of big exclusives, I think they were over a couple of years ago but they're certainly over now."

Be sure to check the site later this week for VideoGamer.com's interview with Ray Maguire in full.

What do you think? Will Xbox 360 exclusive DLC eventually come to the PS3? Would you prefer Sony to invest in R&D than in exclusive DLC? Let us know in the comments section below.

Source:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/29-10-2008-9789.html
__________________
PSN ID: SHAZLYBASHA


Shazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #2
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,219
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Sony: Nothing is ever exclusive, ...and we fucking know!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #3
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Oh yea, nothing is ever exclusive. We took your word for that, and now we've got Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360! And maybe even Metal Gear Solid 4, is that a hint?

But then again, if nothing is ever exclusive, what about Halo 3?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #4
TimBud
Clarkson for PM
 
TimBud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hot
Posts: 194
TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
By the time its not exlcusive anymore, the next GTA will be out and it won't matter.
All the Sony can say about the GTAIV DLC is complete PR bullshit, because they will never have access to the contract between M$ and R*. So will never know what they are talking about or even the term of contract.
__________________

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #5
lillb
Casual User
 
lillb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,713
lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Oh yea, nothing is ever exclusive. We took your word for that, and now we've got Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360! And maybe even Metal Gear Solid 4, is that a hint?

But then again, if nothing is ever exclusive, what about Halo 3?
halo was a first party game of course it would be exclusive
__________________
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #6
Hellfire
Registered User
 
Hellfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Hellfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't Microsoft pay something like $300 million for the exclusive DLC. If Rockstar said Sony are getting it as well, i'm pretty sure M$ would sue the crap out of them.
Hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #7
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com
 
zeeshan810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,081
zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Didn't Microsoft pay something like $300 million for the exclusive DLC. If Rockstar said Sony are getting it as well, i'm pretty sure M$ would sue the crap out of them.

They paid $50 million for 2 DLC for xbox360.

You might never know DLC will come to PS3 after they come on XBOX360.
__________________
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #8
claud3
Banned
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,325
claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
They paid $55 million for the DLC exclusive
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 12,224
Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Nothing is ever exclusive especially when it is related to GTA
__________________
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #10
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,219
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Nothing is ever exclusive especially when it is related to GTA
You have to admit though, The "Stories" games have stuck pretty well, even though they came out on PS2 they've still remained exclusive to Sony.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #11
Fry
Your Mother
 
Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,604
Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
I love watching childish fanboys get up in arms about which console is better, It amuses me......but at the same time it saddens me that these 13 year old kids will one day be running our countries.
__________________
GTA MADE ME DO IT
Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #12
John The Con
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
John The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
I love watching childish fanboys get up in arms about which console is better, It amuses me......but at the same time it saddens me that these 13 year old kids will one day be running our countries.
No they wont. The kids who will be running your countries are the kids in $5 milliom dollar/year schools, driving one of their many parentowned Benz's and owning but consoles so they could worry about more important stuff, like how to get promoted in Skulls & Bones.
John The Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #13
rcguy150
Resident Bitch
 
rcguy150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California
Posts: 506
rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
If the DLC is exclusive to Microsoft, will they offer it to the PC version sometime too?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Specs: AMD Phenom II 940 3ghz, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 4gb DDR2 800, Windows 7 Professional x64
rcguy150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #14
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member
 
Cutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,873
Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Ofcourse he's going to say that. He wants people to buy the PS3 version, and if they think they're getting DLC out of it it'll sell more copies.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #15
Jaytow
Registered User
 
Jaytow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 369
Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazly View Post
Sony Computer Entertainment UK managing director Ray Maguire has told VideoGamer.com that "nothing is ever exclusive" in response to questions surrounding exclusive DLC on Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Microsoft has tied up Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable content for some of this year's biggest games, including GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider: Underworld, leading to complaints from some PS3 owners that Sony isn't doing enough for them.

However, speaking to VideoGamer.com at the Games 3.0 conference in London earlier this week, Maguire rejected those complaints, saying he would "much rather that we (Sony) were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

Maguire's "nothing is ever exclusive" comment is certain to add fuel to speculation that the high profile GTA 4 DLC that is due for release exclusively on the Xbox 360 will eventually make its way to the PS3.

Back in May, SCEE boss David Reeves told VideoGamer.com in that PS3-owners "probably will see" GTA 4 DLC, and described the deal as "the last shot they (Microsoft) have".

When asked if he had any message for PS3-owners who feel frustrated at the fact that they won't be have access to downloadable content for GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider: Underworld, Maguire replied: "One thing to remember, nothing is ever exclusive. Things get wrapped up for a period of time for a large amount of money and if it's a strategic decision by competition to do that then we have to live with that."

He added: "Obviously, what we have to do is make sure that our business plan is adhered to and we have the amount of money to invest in games rather than investing in stopping other people making games and progressing. So I would much rather that we were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet, rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

When we pressed Maguire on the subject, asking him directly if exclusive Xbox 360 DLC might eventually come to the PS3, he dodged the issue, saying: "You have to remember that most third-party publishers of course have a business proposition that covers all platforms. With our own of course it's different because our investment would purely be on our own platforms, and that's the same as any first party. That's a small part of the overall offering nowadays and the days of big exclusives, I think they were over a couple of years ago but they're certainly over now."

Be sure to check the site later this week for VideoGamer.com's interview with Ray Maguire in full.

What do you think? Will Xbox 360 exclusive DLC eventually come to the PS3? Would you prefer Sony to invest in R&D than in exclusive DLC? Let us know in the comments section below.

Source:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/29-10-2008-9789.html

Yeah, yeah I totally agree nothing is exclusive except if there happened to be 50 Million dollars thrown into the mix but that's never going to happen...... Oh wait it was. Nvm keep smiling ps3 fanboys, this is why I bought both consoles baby yeahhhhhhhh!
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.