Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2008   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
GTA IV Xbox Live Weekend Social Club Giveaway

Rockstar Games has just recently announced a brand new giveaway being held this weekend and upcoming week. The giveaway, open to all residents of the United States and Canada over the age 18, is really simple to enter - all you have to do is log into the Rockstar Games Social Club between September 19, 2008 and September 28, 2008 to be automatically entered.

The prizes are few, but the lucky winners are in for some awesome ones! One grand prize winner will receive home entertainment system worth $6,000 and one runner-up will receive a GTA IV-branded Xbox 360 Elite and other GTA IV merchandise. If you meet the requirements, don't forget to enter - let's get a GTAGaming user in on the prizes!

The official contest rules can be viewed here.
Old 09-19-2008   #2
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
The official contest rules can be viewed <a href="http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events/lwcontest/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>.
For some reason that link (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...0st/index.html) doesn't work... although its the same address as the one below (nearly). When I click yours there is a space between the 'e' and 's' of contest.
Without the space it works though

Only for XBL !! Thats going to piss some fanboi's right off. LOL

Last edited by TimBud; 09-19-2008 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: it didn't make sense before... sorry
TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #3
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
For some reason that link doesn't work... although its the same address as this one
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...est/index.html

It's gonna piss me off too. I really love GTA a lot, but this pisses me off. WHY DOES EVERY GODDAMN CONTEST HAS TO BE OPEN ONLY TO US AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS? What about Asia? Europe? Has Rockstar Games totally forgotten these places. And, Australia? South America?

Look, I have an Xbox 360, but I want to take part. I can't.

Rockstar, please?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #4
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
It's gonna piss me off too. I really love GTA a lot, but this pisses me off. WHY DOES EVERY GODDAMN CONTEST HAS TO BE OPEN ONLY TO US AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS? What about Asia? Europe? Has Rockstar Games totally forgotten these places. And, Australia? South America?

Look, I have an Xbox 360, but I want to take part. I can't.

Rockstar, please?
Shit yeah, I didn't notice that part.
Old 09-19-2008   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
This contest is by no means only for Xbox Live. It doesn't even say that anywhere... They're just giving away an Xbox.

And as for only being US and Canada - probably due to laws/taxes/import rules and other things that Rockstar does not have the resources to investigate :p

EDIT: weird...dokujitsu.. that page pretty much says completely different things. it says that you have to have an Xbox gamertag and play GTA IV online to be entered. i dont know which one to listen to!

EDIT2: Okay, I think there might be two competitions goings on, and one is held exclusively on Xbox Live. Here's what it says:
Quote:
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Microsoft proudly present the Grand Theft Auto IV LIVE Weekend exclusively on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network beginning Friday, September 26 through Sunday, September 28 in the United States and Canada. This special weekend will be open to Xbox LIVE Gold members of the Xbox LIVE community.

Gamers who register for Play & Win will automatically be entered into a drawing to win exclusive prize packages just for playing with friends on Xbox LIVE. Prize packages for Play & Win include select Rockstar gear and an entry into the Grand Prize Package drawing. The Grand Prize Package includes, but is not limited to, an Xbox 360® Elite console, a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription card, as well as 4,000 Microsoft Points!

Register for the sweepstakes online at www.xbox.com/CauseChaos before the close of the entry period on September 28, 2008, at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT or register via Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 by downloading the free Grand Theft Auto IV LIVE Weekend Gamer Picture before the close of the entry period.

Players can test their skills by jumping into multiplayer matchmaking to go toe-to-toe with the actual Grand Theft Auto IV development team. Members of the team will be online between 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 26 to play with fans.

In addition to the Microsoft contest, during this special event gamers can win exclusive prizes in Rockstar Games' Social Club contest.
and then it continues on about the Social Club contest. So there are indeed two going on. Source: http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDeta...leaseID=335593
Old 09-19-2008   #6
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
This contest is by no means only for Xbox Live. It doesn't even say that anywhere... They're just giving away an Xbox.

And as for only being US and Canada - probably due to laws/taxes/import rules and other things that Rockstar does not have the resources to investigate :p
Sorry, the name of the comp confused me. Can't guess why?!

As far as R* supposedly not having resources to investigate... well that just an assumption that if true, would really surprise me. Especially considering the size of their team in the UK. And if with that workforce they don't know European laws etc. then thats just funny.

But as ever though its seems that the US and Canada are given all the good stuff, while the rest of us get to sit and watch. Which is crap considering we've all paid for the game(s) too.

Last edited by TimBud; 09-19-2008 at 11:42 AM..
Old 09-26-2008   #7
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Sorry, the name of the comp confused me. Can't guess why?!

As far as R* supposedly not having resources to investigate... well that just an assumption that if true, would really surprise me. Especially considering the size of their team in the UK. And if with that workforce they don't know European laws etc. then thats just funny.

But as ever though its seems that the US and Canada are given all the good stuff, while the rest of us get to sit and watch. Which is crap considering we've all paid for the game(s) too.
That's just life... man. It's unfair.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #8
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Also, take a look at this

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...os/default.htm
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #9
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Thx rappo, much love
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #10
sydburn
The Sycho guy

sydburn is an unknown quantity at this point
ill be online like in a couple of mins
sydburn is offline   Reply With Quote