Old 08-01-2008   #1
geoffreyfleming

geoffreyfleming is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is health care so expensive?

Wasn't it like $100 in the previous games?

I've died 187 times and my bills are like $750k or thereabouts.

Is this some sly Rockstar social commentating on the price of modern health care?

I've finished the game have only got like $10k.
geoffreyfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
10k, seriously? I ended up with 900k +

Basically, the richer you get, the more expensive the bills are.

Just don't die, or get arrested. It really isn't that hard ;D According to my stats, I have died 14 times. I have been arrested once :3

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #3
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I don't save after doing crazy stuff. I save, then whip out my choppers and stuff and have fun blowing up stuff/myself. Once I want to do a story mission, I load my game.
Old 08-01-2008   #4
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I have somewhere in the region of $400,000, which is kinda average. I have completed it 100% so I use cheats now and I only die when I am falling from high place or I get shot and forget to get more health. I never get arrested.
Old 08-01-2008   #5
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
Medical bill:
If you have:...... You pay:
$10............... $1
$100..............$10
$1,000.............$100
$10,000...........$1,000
$100,000......... $10,000
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #6
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
So basically... 10% of what you have? ;p
Old 08-01-2008   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
So he should have had 7.5million at the time he got health care for 750k?
Old 08-01-2008   #8
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
Nah, the bill only gets up to 10k.
Old 08-01-2008   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Then the OP lied about the bills going up to 750k.

Quote:
I've died 187 times and my bills are like $750k or thereabouts.
Old 08-01-2008   #10
Jose
Custom User Title

I think he means in the stats, the total amount of bills paid, not a single bill.
Old 08-01-2008   #11
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i noticed the same thing when my money is high they take more away it does get annoying because you lose a redicously amount of money

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #12
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I think Jose is right. 750K should be the total spent on health care. It has to be an off-handed commentary from R* about the ridiculous cost of health insurance in the states.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #13
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
When I used to die I didn't use to save it, but now I just save it anyway. I have noticed it's quite expensive, but it doesn't bother me that much because there isn't anything to spend money on anyway.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #14
BamBooUK

BamBooUK is on a distinguished roadBamBooUK is on a distinguished road
Yeah, when you've bought all the clothes there's no need for lots of money, only a few hundred dollars for food, telescope thingy and some activities like drinking or bowling. Maby R* will make a use for the money one day.
Old 08-08-2008   #15
LastRenshai
Newbie Member

LastRenshai is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah the hospital was expensive >_> But if you save wisely it won't cost a dime.

Last edited by LastRenshai; 08-08-2008 at 01:08 PM..
LastRenshai is offline   Reply With Quote