Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should high quality be forced for all embedded YouTube videos?
Yes 36 70.59%
No 15 29.41%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2008   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
YouTube BBCode added

I've added another custom BBCode alongside the spoiler code, this time it's for embedding videos from YouTube. All you have to do is put the YouTube video ID between the youtube tags and you'll have an embedded video in your post. There is also a new button on the advanced and quick editors for automatically putting the YouTube tags into your post. Here's an example:

Video I want to use: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qmcFHNOLt0Q
Video ID: qmcFHNOLt0Q
BBCode: [youtube]qmcFHNOLt0Q[/youtube]
Produces:

Enjoy! But remember that all of our forum rules apply to videos, too. If a video you embedded has absolutely nothing to do with the thread at hand, that is equivalent to posting off-topic/thread derailing.

With great power comes great responsibility.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #2
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Also you should add "fmt=18" to the end of the code for extra super sexy quality!
Old 06-17-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I thought about it, Jay, but I'm not sure if everybody wants the high quality versions. To be honest, most of the things you view on YouTube are not for aesthetic purposes and it doesn't really matter what sort of quality they are in. Most people just watch silly videos that they want to have load quickly. I figure if you're really looking for the high quality version you can click the video, go to YouTube, and do it from there.

Another option I was considering was having something like [youtube=Insert caption]VideoID[/youtube] where a styled box would appear around the video with the caption, but I figured it's not really necessary since we can just type whatever we want about the video and then embed it

Edit: since there have been multiple requests, I've added a poll about the high quality bit.
Old 06-17-2008   #4
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
I voted yes but I'm happy either way at least now I can just embed aside from linking

also test:

----------------
Now playing: Billy Talent - Line & Sinker
via FoxyTunes

Last edited by Jon P; 06-17-2008 at 08:47 PM..
Jon P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DY View Post
I voted yes but I'm happy either way at least now I can just embed aside from linking

also test:

----------------
Now playing: Billy Talent - Line & Sinker
via FoxyTunes

dx ftw

I'm going to have to say yes to high quality.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #6
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
dx ftw
+rep

Nice job rappo.
Old 06-17-2008   #7
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
@DY: [YOUTUBE]K4Fp62UwouY[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-17-2008   #8
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
ah just video number then eh?

Danke
Old 06-17-2008   #9
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
It wouldn't be too hard to add an option to have high quality in the tag would it?
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #10
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
I saw it about three minutes ago and was wondering about it.
Test:

Edit: Awesome! It worked perfectly.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #11
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
With the poll, I don't think high quality should be forced. It's a luxury that many don't have the patience/connection to appreciate.

If you're interested in high quality, just go to the actually YouTube page and watch it in HQ. This is a forum that should be optimized for viewing across the kbps spectrum.

Also someone can really rape us if they link like a hundred YouTube vids in one post...
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #12
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Yeah, limit the amount of videos per post to like 1.
Old 06-17-2008   #13
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yeah, limit the amount of videos per post to like 1.
vBulletin doesn't have fancy options like this...

On the other hand, I don't see how putting 100 videos in one post will "rape" anybody. The videos don't load until you click them. All that loads is YouTube's FLV player and the default image. There may be 100 images (all with very low file sizes) that load but that's it... I really think someone can do more destruction with images than YouTube videos.
Old 06-17-2008   #14
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
:/ I already made a post with 2 videos, they were nothing close to spam though, they were proof for something.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #15
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Nice thanx rappo I thought this was the coolest thing in a while Spoiler tag<youtube.