Old 05-02-2008   #1
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
UK Retailers Summary

After Being Messed About So Much By Play.com I Have Decided To Research The Major Online Retailers In The UK And Provide Information On All Of Their Delivery & Refund Policies And How Reliable They Are

HMV

Upon Placing An Order A Delivery Takes 2-5 Working Days With Free Delivery

*I Do Not Know If You Can Upgrade Postage Yet*

Refunds Can Be Given After 14 Days

Although The Downside Is That Their Stock Is Very Limited, With GTA IV Being Currently Listed As Available To Be Dispatched Within 14, Yes, 14 Days!

Rating: 8/10

Zavvi/Virgin

Delivery Time Is Not Openly Stated On The Website But It Has Free Delivery As Standard So I'm Thinking Its 3-5 Days

Refunds Can Be Given After 28 Days Of A Missing Item

As Like HMV, They Also Have Limited Stock And GTA IV Is Currently Listed As Available For Dispatch In 3-7 Days

Rating: 7/10

Play.com

Delivery Times Of 3-5 Days Working Days After Dispatch Which Itself Can Take Up To 2 Days To Process

Refunds Can Be Given After 21 Days

Larger Items Can Be Paid Extra To Include Parcelforce Tracked Delivery Which Is Usually 1-2 Working Days. On The Downside, They Are Based In Jersey Which Means They Have To Fly Your Delivery To The UK Mainland And Being Based In Jersey Means They Can Avoid VAT, So They Make A Nice Chunky Profit Every Time They Sell An Item At The Same Price As Places Which DO Include VAT.

Stock Is Very Good (Play.com Had GTA IV In Stock When GAME Didn't For Pre Order, Although I'm Doubting They Did Considering The Wait I've Had)

Rating: 8/10 (Due To The Fact They Go To The Brink Of Breaking Their Own Rules Without Actually Doing It)

GAME

Delivery Times Of 2 Working Days With Free Delivery

£4.95 On An Order Under £100 Can Be Placed As Royal Mail Next Day Delivery (Not Sure If This Is Tracked)

*I Do Not Know How Long A You Need To Wait For An Item Lost In The Post To Get A Refund, Someone Please Confirm*

Probably The Best Stockists In The UK Due To Their Size Therefore...

Rating: 9/10

Gamestation

I Find This Very Weird Because Gamestation Is Owned By GAME And Follow The Same Rules Except Their Delivery Policy.

Delivery Times Of 3-5 Working Days With Free Delivery

Larger Items Can Be Placed As Parcelforce Delivery For £4.95 With 1-2 Working Days To Arrive

Refunds Have To Be Dealt With Over The Telephone

Stock Is The Same As GAME

Rating: 8/10

Gameplay.co.uk

Delivery Times Of 3-5 Working Days With Free Delivery

Any Item Can Be Upgraded To Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery For 99p Extra Which Is 1-2 Working Days For Delivery

You Can Also Upgrade To Parcelforce Tracked Delivery On Any Item For £4.95

Refunds Can Be Given If An Item Is Not Received After 5 Days With 1st Class Royal Mail Postage & 10 Days With 2nd Class Royal Mail Postage. Parcelforce Is Not Stated

Stock Seems To Be Strong As GAME

Rating: 10/10 (I Have Ordered Another Copy Of GTA IV From Here And If It Arrives On Mon/Tues Depending On Bank Holiday The Rating Will Stay & It Will Be Fully Deserved. I Was Reccomended This Site A While Ago And I Also Reccomend It Now)

I Hope This Thread Gets Stickied Or Something Lol, Any Comments/Reviews Welcome As I'm Only 1 Person And Other People May Have Different Opinions But I Have Tried To Stick To The Facts As Well As I Could.

Thanks

Last edited by Sharpshot; 05-02-2008 at 09:29 PM..
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #2
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
GameStation, GAME and Gameplay are all part of the same company but they all work pretty independently of each other.

I got my HMV order on the day of release.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #3
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
You missed out Amazon.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #4
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
i thought amazon was user run like ebay?
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
No. It's a retailer. You can also sell your stuff on it like play.com though

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote