Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
GTAGaming seeking moderators, apply within

Hey all,

This site's growth over the previous months reflects the joyful addiction that is Grand Theft Auto IV. There has been such an influx of new members, but thanks to veteran members and helpful new ones, the forum retains its mature and helpful attitude. However, the members are outgrowing the moderators, and some moderators have taken a leave of absence. With that said, we are looking to bring on some more moderators to help keep us all nice and safe!

Requirements: You must be respectful, wise, and committed to keeping the forums healthy. Veteran users have more a chance of being selected for these two reasons - They have built a reputation we can recognize, and they have been here long enough to know how this place works. If you think you are up to the task, please post a short application here.

Just tell us, in brevity, your reasons for applying. Tell about your qualifications, which forum you want to mod (we are looking for GTA IV moderators), and your general attitude. In this thread we will draw out nominees. Then, the GTAG staff will all get chances to review and vote on the candidates. From there, we may ask you some more questions in private and then hook you up to the system to begin. Good luck!

Updated April 28th, 2008
Applicants To Date

1. MBR
2. Phreak (via PM)
3. iKlipse
4. optik
5. Piggus
6. Nite
7. Glanerd
8. GrungeRockCity
9. BlackSilver65
10. Bfett21
11. Yam Trigger
12. Mazzlow
13. Olin
14. Jonny Zoo
15. ZCAB
16. Wictro
17. Lao Boy
18. timbob
19. }{oT~dEv1L 666
20. Free Mike
21. Himuro

We are waiting for more applicants before we start narrowing down the list for the next round.
Old 04-28-2008   #2
MBR
Newbie Member

MBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello!
I am interested in being a Mod for the GTAgaming forums. I am a smart, fair person, and I respect the different opinions of others. I am willing to help users when they ask questions, redirect them to the correct section, and make sure that portions of the game(s) are not ruined for other members. I would be a great representative for GTAgaming.com, as I like to double check with superiors before making big decisions. I am thankful for the opportunity, and I hope that I am picked for the mod position!!
(Interested in Moderating GTAIV forum)

Thanks,
MBR
Old 04-28-2008   #3
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Hey,

I am iKlipse (Gav) I've been here since January 2005, I do have skills in moderation etc. From thegtaplanet. I am 17 and easy to get along with others and I am always active. I've always offered to help out GTAGaming when its needed so I'm willing to take my chances at the position. I have no problems moderating GTA IV or any other boards so if your looking for a mod for that, I'm here for it.

Cheers.
Old 04-28-2008   #4
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Hello,

optik here, and I am applying to the position of moderator. I feel that I am a contributing member of society, and I am committed to keeping the forums healthy. I know the rules and what is bad and good here. I have been a long time member, since September of '04. Even though I took a long break a few years ago, current trends say that I am here to stay! I love these forums, and being able to help run them and help keep them healthy would be an honor. I would moderate any forum, and I believe that I would do a good job at it. Thanks for considering my nomination!

-optik
Old 04-28-2008   #5
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
omg hai

I'd certainly be up for giving it a shot, as I'm on here quite a bit. GTAG is the first website I go to once I start up my PC, and it's pretty much been that way since I joined in late 2003.

I'm most active in the Off Topic section, Video Games Chat, and GTAIV section. So those are the sections I'd most like to moderate if given the choice.

I get along with most of the staff pretty well, and most of you guys know what kind of person I am, so I guess that doesn't need much explaining.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Happy Slim? >___<

Last edited by Piggus; 04-28-2008 at 11:05 PM..
Old 04-28-2008   #6
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Heya

I'm Nite, I been here since July of 2005, I do have skills in moderation, I'm currently a Half-Admin in the SA-MP Fackin' Clan. I try to always be active. I'm friendly and helpful in whatever case I can. I don't own a PS3 or Xbox so can't really moderate the GTA4 sub forum, as I don't know whats involved in the game (when it comes to PC later, this won't be a problem) and I have no problem moderateing the rest of the forum. I'm most active in the Off Topic Section and Video Games Chat/News section so if I was mod those would be my choices, I will do my best.

Thanks.

Talk to me on Xfire if you need more info, I'm always online

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 04-28-2008 at 09:57 PM..
Old 04-28-2008   #7
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Hi,

I'm Glanerd. I have been active here since November of 2006. I would consider myself a respectable member of the forums. I have been here long enough to see how things are done around here. I am usually in the Off-Topic and Unrelated and GTA IV forums. I usually try to be online on this Forum even though I am not a mod. I get along with all of the current staff completly. I really enjoy being a part of this community, all of these people are great. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-Glanerd

If you need anything else feel free to add me on MSN. glanerd@gmail.com
Old 04-28-2008   #8
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
How goes, everyone? I'm interested in applying. My name is Charlie, and since I need to expand beyond this, first off, I come on the site practically every single day of my life, and have since around the time San Andreas came out. Though, not as a registered member at first. Second, however, I've been fairly active as of late, and I have no reason not to be. Third, I've got all the major IMers, and I'm almost always signed on and available. Four, I've got seven years of message board administration/moderatorship experience behind me, and can adapt very easily to the environment. Fifth, I'm personable enough to not only be focused on what I need to do on my part to keep the place in line, but also maintain friendships, and an overall good repoire (however it's spelled) with the members, administration, and other moderators alike.

I'm GTA obsessed, have references if you need them, so on, so fourth. And I'm not secluded to just one solitary part of the forum, or site. So feel free to stick me anywhere. And if there's anything I missed or haven't covered, please tell me, and I'll take care of it.

Professional enough for you guys?

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18

Last edited by GrungeRockCity; 04-28-2008 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: The greeting. Sorry about that..
Old 04-28-2008   #9
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Hello, My name is David, I've been a member since October 2004. I would like to apply to be a moderator because I enjoy helping people and interacting with people. I don't have much experience, I moderated a forum once that my friend had made, but it only had 2 members so there was nothing really to do. I am on here all the time unless I'm at school (oh I'm 15, almost 16) I've never had any problems with the staff so wont be a problem, you can ask Slim about me, we chat on aim alot. If you want to know more I'm always on Xfire ( my user name is Blacksilver65) and AIM as well (BigDogg8868)
Old 04-28-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Sorry, Piggus. It's mandatory you start your post off with a greeting if you want to be a mod (Hello! Hi! Hey!, etc).
Old 04-29-2008   #11
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Greetings fellow GTA'ers

This is me, Bfett21 aka James. I feel I'd be a good moderator due to my frequent work on IRC as an operator and the fact I have been coming here for a while. I feel I can help keep things civil and not let people get too over-the-top. All in all I'm a fun guy who will make GTAGaming proud.
Old 04-29-2008   #12
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Hello,
I am Yam Trigger. I've only been a member of GTAG for a few months, but the time I have been here has been great. I have always loved contributing in discussions on the forums, especially in the GTA IV section.
I wish to help keep GTAG as one of the best GTA fansites around. I consider myself to be a fair person and have a little experience moderating a low key GTA forum.
To moderate the GTAGaming forums would be fantastic.
Thanks.

-Yam

Do you smell burning feathers?
Old 04-29-2008   #13
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
Hello,
I've been here since 03, and I'm without a doubt... awesome.
(Campaigning for a Mod spot since 06)

- Mazz
Old 04-29-2008   #14
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Hello GTAGaming Staff,

I am interested in the Moderator position of subforum GTA IV of the GTAGaming Forums. I feel I am well qualified to keep spam and other violations of the forum rules to a minimal. I check my email rather often; reports will not go unnoticed. I am eager to learn and build upon my experience.

If the need arises, I am willing to moderate other forum categories as well. As a member of this forum for four years, my only wishes are to give something back to it.

Previously removed from staff for a misunderstanding, I can only hope all is well now. Some of you may doubt me from past experience, but I assure you as part of staff I feel I must uphold the forum rules and be an exemplary role model to my fellow members.

Olin
Old 04-29-2008   #15
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Hey all, GTA gaming forumers and staff, I would like to put in an application to be a mod here at GTAgaming, I think you should select me because I am a generaly nice person who will overlook certain topics and posts, I think this community is an great community and the fact that I run my own website would defenently help in the experience level that I have being a mod.
So selecting me as a mod would be very wise and well choosen.

Reguards, jonny_zoo
Closed Thread