Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #1
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
The car handling is genius, and here's why

I love that some of the cars are going to have very bad handling. This makes all the cars very unique, and where it will really shine is in multiplayer.

lets say you need a car badly....well, now you can't just pick the first one you see. you'll need to be selective since a POS could be more trouble than good. In previous GTA/sandbox games I didnt care what car I got into. there wasnt that much of a difference.

learning each car will also be fun. finding that perfect vehicle...getting the hang of the bad ones in case that's all that's available.

it kind of reminds me of getting headshots with bad weapons in COD4. some of them handle tough, but once you get the hang of it you have a sense of accomplishment and, in case you ever need to use it later on, you're prepared.

genius move by Rockstar...and its really going to shine in the multiplayer.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #2
AdmiralSpags

AdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished road
I agree with you 100 percent. This will be a very neat feature. Just another simple trick by Rockstar to bring the whole driving-scene better.
AdmiralSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #3
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
Indeed. Reminds me of seeing GTA VCS videos, the suspension looks very realistic in the previews but sucked in the final game. Seeing the way they improved it in IV looks like its going to be good.

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #4
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
i agree having action car chases will be much better online and offline because lets say someone has that car that gets easily rammed off the road. and they get rammed off the highway into a gas truck and explodes really hard. damn i need gta iv.
Old 04-23-2008   #5
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
yea i was watching a "certain video" today and noticed how the cars handled like a real car.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #6
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
you think it handles like grand turismo but a little easier
Old 04-24-2008   #7
Raziel 665
Newbie Member

Raziel 665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone even thought abut what this means for the racing modes in multiplayer?

I thought the race modes of something like a joke, but those new physics show it could actually be a lot of fun.
Raziel 665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #8
dkgta
Registered Car Jacker
Newbie Member

dkgta is an unknown quantity at this point
the body roll is a little exagerated, the suspension should be stiffer, and the travel that the suspension has, for example the old muscle car( 71 dodge charger look alike), when the car attemps a turn, it's just like a lowrider from gta sa with the hydro's fully extended trying to make a turn
dkgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
PulpzillA
Amateur Member

PulpzillA is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the people in the videos are driving the cars the way they did for the old GTAs which will not work!! in this game u are actually going to have to slow down before a corner to turn into it, you cant just go round at full speed.

The handling for this GTA reminds me of how the first Driver handled with big power sliding turns which were awesome i loved that game! i think you will have to brake then turn into corners and allow the band end out a bit.
PulpzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
i seen a video where the guy is doing drifting basicly. looks realistic and fun at the same time = perfect.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
Kent_Jim
Kent Pauls Better Looking Brother
Newbie Member

Kent_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
I 100% Agree

One thing that used to annoy me previously in the series, is getting in the worst car ever and being able to out speed a Banshee for instance. Totally unrealistic.
Kent_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #12
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
yeh i agree the handing is going to be great, im glad R* went down the realism road, all the boyz in the hood.. black gang grroooovvvvvveeee street didnt do anything for me in SAN andreas regarding realism
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote