Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2008   #1
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
Question Imagine getting Ring of Death a Week Before GTA 4...

I'd be pissed off. i'd probly cry a lil bit.
RedAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Would suck, but I've got a PS3, so I've got nothing to worry about, except maybe it burning down my house.

I think the real question is, would you be willing to spend a couple hundred more bucks to buy a new 360 just for GTA IV?
Old 03-23-2008   #3
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Would suck, but I've got a PS3, so I've got nothing to worry about, except maybe it burning down my house.

I think the real question is, would you be willing to spend a couple hundred more bucks to buy a new 360 just for GTA IV?
You do have to worry, the PS3's get the Yellow Flashing Lights of Death. And Xbox's don't get RROD anymore because they have been updated, unless you got yours from long time ago.
Old 03-23-2008   #4
Fuzz_Nuts
Newbie Member

Fuzz_Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
The 3 rrod does not mean its dead. A lot of people, especially those not computer savvy, have jumped to conclusions that the reason for the rrod is overheating but that is not the case with the rrod because if it were overheating, letting it cool off would be good enough until it overheated again (not to mention the Xbox 360 has a seperate indication for overheating which would be 2 blinking red lights in the 1 and 3 quadrants rather than three lights in the 1, 2, and 3 quadrants).

The real reason for the 3 red lights of failure is a result of long term heat of the CPU and the GPU against the motherboard that caused it to “bow” or “warp”. This warping issue causes the lead-free solders that were used to mount the motherboard to have lots of tension on them. After it too having long exposure to elevated temperatures, the solders become brittle and develop hair-line cracks that are almost irreparable. It isn’t until the hair-line cracks form that you get the red ring of death.
Fuzz_Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #5
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
The 3 rrod does not mean its dead. A lot of people, especially those not computer savvy, have jumped to conclusions that the reason for the rrod is overheating but that is not the case with the rrod because if it were overheating, letting it cool off would be good enough until it overheated again (not to mention the Xbox 360 has a seperate indication for overheating which would be 2 blinking red lights in the 1 and 3 quadrants rather than three lights in the 1, 2, and 3 quadrants).

The real reason for the 3 red lights of failure is a result of long term heat of the CPU and the GPU against the motherboard that caused it to “bow” or “warp”. This warping issue causes the lead-free solders that were used to mount the motherboard to have lots of tension on them. After it too having long exposure to elevated temperatures, the solders become brittle and develop hair-line cracks that are almost irreparable. It isn’t until the hair-line cracks form that you get the red ring of death.
Lol, copypasta

My friends 360 died again for the 5th time yesterday. So there's an impending cloud of doom. And irritation at that, Because he got his launch system with me

I kinda want mine to die soon rather than later, So I can get in on the 3-Year guarantee before the offer runs out. Considering putting it somewhere vulnerable.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #6
RO Slingerland
The Drummer of the future

RO Slingerland is an unknown quantity at this point
My Xbox 360 died on me the day halo 3 came out, I don't want to imagine what I would do it that happened to me at the GTA IV release
Old 04-23-2008   #7
Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
My friend's 360 RRoD'd and had to buy a new one. He'll donate me his old one so I can fix it. Basically the X clamp on the heatsink is too tight and cause the wrap when it gets overheated. By putting on new bolts and washers you can rescue your dead 360. Over 900 people have succeeded rescuing their xbox so that's a pretty good odd Viols warranty obviously but with new faster and quieter fans it'll probably have a longer life than the 'repaired' ones M$ send back.
Old 03-29-2008   #8
Cpr3G0
Newbie Member

Cpr3G0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Actually, i'm buying a brand new PS3 for GTA IV. I've played all the other's on Playstation, it just seems weird(sp?) to not continue.
Cpr3G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #9
Uber_mike
Pong owns GTAIV and you know it!

Location: The Paradise city, where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty.
Uber_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
No, imagine getting it right as you put GTA 4 in!

No joke about a ps3 burning down a house either... ive got a tiny like 8x6 room and my ps3 acts like a space heater... its funny going out of the room to go the bathroom ect. and feel how much cooler it is outside my room...

Last edited by Uber_mike; 03-22-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Uber_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_mike View Post

No joke about a ps3 burning down a house either... ive got a tiny like 8x6 room and my ps3 acts like a space heater... its funny going out of the room to go the bathroom ect. and feel how much cooler it is outside my room...
I was referring to an actual event from last year, there was an article somewhere about someone's PS3 burning down their house.
Old 03-23-2008   #11
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I was referring to an actual event from last year, there was an article somewhere about someone's PS3 burning down their house.
yeah..same hear, wasn't it found to be bad wiring?
Old 03-24-2008   #12
W1ckeD
Life is complicated

W1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_mike View Post
lol, yeah i would freak out.

And i don't have enough money to go buy a new one.

I'll just send in to Microsoft and play IV at a friend's house.
W1ckeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #13
Skipito
That's how we roll!

Skipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished road
Wow! I'm happy I don't got a Xbox 360. (I don't have a PS3 to..)
But if I have an Xbox 360 for some reason with the Ring Of Death on 28 april 2008. I would throw up. I shall do everything to just make it work.
I think I'm crazy to do this, but if I would have it on the 28th april, I will put my 360 in the fridge, hoping it would be cold.

Regards,
Skipito the kangeroo.
Skipito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #14
Roxstein
/\ಠ‿ಠ\

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
Well that would suck. But I haven't played my 360 lately or very often at all within the past few months.

@mike: That's a great quote from a great song, but who is "Trent Renzor?" I think you mean "Trent Reznor".

And red impact doesn't really fit a TR quote. @_@
Old 03-23-2008   #15
Uber_mike
Pong owns GTAIV and you know it!

Location: The Paradise city, where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty.
Uber_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxstein View Post
Well that would suck. But I haven't played my 360 lately or very often at all within the past few months.

@mike: That's a great quote from a great song, but who is "Trent Renzor?" I think you mean "Trent Reznor".

And red impact doesn't really fit a TR quote. @_@
lol my bad... changed.
Uber_mike is offline   Reply With Quote