View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014   #13
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Gameplay is better, but at the same time, I don't really have a desire to replay GTAV as I would do the other games, mainly because the story is pretty crap after the first heist. GTA IV had a LOT of padding and took too long to get started, I still dread playing through the Vlad missions which felt like one long ass tutorial, but the story picked up pace from Bohan onwards, and even more so if you also play along with TLAD to fill that gap of not a lot of action in the first batch of the story.

Just previous GTA games did have better writing, I don't know why, but GTAV does feel all over the place and never sure of who is suppose to be the main enemy, the last GTA game to have an enemy this undercooked was LCS.

Not to mention the length, this is the shortest GTA around, only Vice City was shorter, but Vice City had only one character and nowhere near the amount of fodder missions that GTAV has (Don't agree on how "Pick up clothes", "Pick up masks", "Pick up a truck", etc, all count as single MAIN missions to the game). It's like they looked at GTA IV and thought, well that's a bit bloated, let's cut it down, ...and then cut it too short.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote