View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014   #45
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
Bugger, you have a very simplistic way of looking at things
Its not a tax haven (do you even know where I live? No!).
We just don't pay tax (officially)... expect fro example that my fuel bills are 700% higher than the locals. lol
And no we didn't move here for the tax break. We moved because I got offered a great job and had been stuck in my previous job for 5 years with no hope of progression.
I paid off my 10k student loan through working here, and other debts we had after that.

We have no assets here or in the UK, other than our car and belongings.
So no its not cheating anyone out of anything. Its just not living in the UK... nothing cheating about that.

Can't stand golf actually, but its a nice view looking into someone else back yard.
If you don't pay tax officially, I would say it's a tax haven (for you at the very least) How else would you define it? I don't know where you live, but at a guess, I would say Gibraltar, given it's a overseas British territory.