View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013   #21
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
That would be really interesting to see, but personally I'd only like it if it was an alternate universe sort of thing. It could use the same characters, locations, etc. but it would be broken off from the current storyline. I just think it would be strange to abruptly switch from the current themes of the game to aliens/zombies

Don't get me wrong though, I totally agree. The
crazy alien-hunting mission that starts after that stranger passes da blunt
was more fun that I thought it would be.
If it were to be done, i think the best way to do it is during the main story. Why not there be some kind of random stranger hanging around the satellites near sandy shores, he asks for your help to hack the electronics and he sends a signal or something out to space creating kind of a waypoint to direct the aliens for their invasion. Something as simple as that could be a toggle to begin the alien invasion dlc. Hack the electeonics to disable the signal and the ufos retreat.
Over short time of the invasion, there could be little safe-zone military forts for civilians built around the map.

They have already most of what they need for the dlc, just script the toggle missions of removing the hack and make some small changes to the map to make it look like some kind of war is taking place. They have the models of ufos and aliens. All they need to do is script the toggle/disable missions and have the aliens fly around and kill people.

For zombies, it could just have a chemical spill and that can be used for used as the dlc trigger.

Last edited by iKlipse; 10-12-2013 at 02:04 PM..
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote