View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #10
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
Yeah, I never have either. Their method is too predictable and that kind of humor can only go so far.

Everything can only go so far.

I think it has to do with our information overload culture.

I find my grandparents laughing a lot more easily at stuff than some people my age do, as weird as that sounds. Just my character ragdolling on the ground had my 40-something roommate nearly in tears.

It's because we're so constantly bombarded with parodies and sarcasm and attempts at humor that the "piss-takes" actual start to outnumber the things getting the piss taken out of them. Something like the Onion becomes predictable and unfunny quickly.

Diminishing returns, y'know.

This is true even with GTA V, I have a whole new set of radio stations with new content but the routine of making fun of crazy DJs/politics/the media/greed/corruption/etc etc etc has become so stale that I'm not shooting my drink out of my nose like I did back in the San Andreas days when the idea of a video game seriously parodying modern society was a new thing.