View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013   #9
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post

Do you guys like the ps2 era with well known actors voicing or current gen?
I like the new cast. I didn't mind the "famous" casts of VC and SA, but honestly, I couldn't tell who was who until I read the liner notes in the physical packaging. Once I figured it out, I was like, "hey -- that's neat... James Woods!"

But what I learned from the various next-gen games (especially TBOGT) was that the script, voice acting, and voice directing were far more important than the big-name actors. You need good actors, but immediately-recognizable big-name voices aren't important. Having an interesting voice, coupled with the ability to render dialog well, are very important.

And let's face it -- since these games are becoming more important culturally, the characters who we play will become famous on-their-own -- without needing older-than-the-hills Hollywood talent to showcase them. Personally? I prefer giving a break to some new blood.

P.S. EXCEPT in the case of Agent 47 -- who can ONLY EVER be played by David Bateson.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote