Thread: Regarding PS4
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013   #8
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
get with the times lynk ffs.

I know ireland's third world but even africans have hdmi now surely?
Ehhhh....

I don't see the need to upgrade it. The main TV in my parents house has HDMI but I'm not gonna be playing it there. It's still HD, I don't feel like spending 400 euros just to get HDMI. Besides, it has a wee bit of sentimental value. I got it for my 18th birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Should work fine with optical. In the settings on PS3 you can have all audio going through optical regardless of if you're using HDMI or Component (or some kind of converter). It would have to be the same on PS4 otherwise optical would be kinda pointless. The problem though is you might need a converter with HDCP. All content on next gen systems is HDCP encrypted.

Alternatively, you can get a converter that includes audio.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Converter.html

EDIT: Doesn't work with HDCP so you'd have to find one that supports HDCP I think.

Honestly though I'd just save for a new TV. You can get a pretty nice 1080p TV for about $300 now. Another option is to get an HDCP-compatible computer monitor (you may already have one) and use external speakers with optical. My monitor is a few years old and has HDCP so I am able to connect my PS3 to it using an HDMI to DVI cable.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009422

Supports HDCP and it's 1080p. You'd just need audio though optical.
So does the converter in the first link work or not? Going on the second bit of your post.

Last edited by Lynk; 06-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Lynk is online now   Reply With Quote