Thread: The Last of Us.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013   #36
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Finished it last night. A few thoughts...

The opening scene still lingers with me. Apparently is was emotionally difficult for both Troy Baker and the girl who played Sarah when they were doing the death scene. The director had them do it many times to get it perfect.

Here's a screenshot from the documentary:

The final scene with Sam and Henry was really heartbreaking :/

The winter section was absolutely amazing. I was so worried that Joel had actually died yet playing as Ellie was really fun. Probably my favorite section in the game. Also, I had no idea that David was played by Nolan North.

The scene with the giraffe was absolutely beautiful. Only games can create a moment like that like.

The ending was hard to swallow but it was much more "human" than if they had let Ellie die for the possibility of a cure. I recall Joel finding some things suggesting that a cure was far from guaranteed. Overall the ending really played to the selfish human element and it was MUCH more powerful than if one of the characters had died. I was expecting Joel to get shot when running away from the guards while holding Ellie, but I'm glad they didn't go with that.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote