Thread: The Last of Us.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013   #21
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Victim hurry up and finish so I can talk to someone about the ending!

I will check out the multiplayer tonight, hope it's good.
Bro, I finished it an hour ago. Took me 18 and a half hours, taking my time and playing on hard.

It certainly was a yarn worthy ending. So much to discuss. I really don't know what to make of it though, I think I need more time to process. I loved how Joel was carrying Ellie, promising everything would be alright, because it was just like how he carried his daughter at the beginning. I kind of thought they were going to get shot but this time he'd die.

I do like how the game ended with Joel lying to her, and such a massive lie it was. I would say Joel is being selfish, but it's quite a good turn, because he was never a "good guy." He was reluctant to form a bond with her because she reminded him of his daughter, and then the bond happened anyway over the course of the game, and there was no way he was going to go through the misery of losing a daughter again. It's kind of sad.

They're releasing a story-based DLC too, I have no idea what it could be. Maybe set a few years later? I really hope this is a standalone title, or if they do make sequels then they are based on entirely different characters in the same world, that would be cool.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote