Thread: The Next Xbox
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013   #75
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I'm interested how this actually performs in terms of sales, and I really want to see what market research they did to come to the conclusion that everyone wants a system that needs an always-on Kinect that is going to be used primarily to watch shit that everybody's already got devices for.
They're clearly not interested in the type of gamer that made them really successful this gen. If the Xbone had the same design philosophy as the 360 did back in 2005 I'd buy it in an instant. But most of those people don't even work for the Xbox division anymore. :/

They looked at Kinect's success and are trying to bank on it in the same way Nintendo is trying to bank on the success of the Wii - by targeting the casual audience. Look how that turned out... What they don't realize is that most of the casual audience has moved to mobile gaming and it's the core gamers who get the ball rolling. I can only see Xbone doing well in the US since most of the services shown are only available here. But even people here think it looks like a piece of crap. They've pretty much abandoned Japan completely and Europe was Sony-land already (except for in the UK, the 51st state).

According to some in-the-know admins at Neogaf, Sony is going to bring an absolute avalanche of games to E3 and go for the death blow. It's not going to be pretty.

Edit: lol, that's SunhiLegend's gif. That dude lives up to his name.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 05-22-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote