Thread: The Next Xbox
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #60
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Actually fuck both of the new systems. I forgot all about backwards compatibility, and their lack of.

Same thing that fucked the newer PS3s over for me. ESPECIALLY since they started with it, there was NO goddamned excuse to do away with it. One of the only really cool things about PS3s is that they are region free among Blu-rays and PS3 games. Sadly, the old BC models aren't BC with imported PS1/2 games, though.

I can just rip those and play them on emulator, along with my other games anyway and look much better than the original hardware of either PS2/3could EVER make it.

Luckily my PS3 is an older model, and if anything happens to it that I can't fix somehow, I would never buy a new one. The only way I would EVER buy a newer one would be if the prices on them nosedived later on down the line after the new console release.

The newer system's lack of BC is a MUCH bigger deal, considering some could potentially have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of games, in physical, or virtual form, that are pretty much useless when current gen systems either die or are no longer produced.

Like hell they would even implement BC even if they could, (and who the hell says they really can't), they wouldn't sell older systems if they did that, likely the reason Sony scrapped it with the PS3 when PS2s were still being produced, $100 a pop they were losing at the time per sell of PS3, ON TOP of the money they were losing just from the components of it. They would be losing 2-300 a fucking pop now, and that goes for both Sony and Microsoft this time around because Microsoft (OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE) was actually fucking nice enough to keep that goddamn feature (albeit dodgy for certain titles) all this time with the 360.

If anything it is genius on their part not including it, even if they could, aside from fucking over millions upon millions of people that have tons of older PS2/3 games.

Too bad the Xbox One we get won't be the Dev one. The one we get will have microscopic tabs/windows from all the goddamn ads they will ejaculate all over the screen constantly all the time. I wonder if they will cram ads in between category/tab switches.

"Watch TV"
>Ad about IE
"Play Game
>Ad about Windows 8
"Go To movies"
>Ad about IE

edit:

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.

Last edited by TGF; 05-21-2013 at 05:03 PM..
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote