View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #9302
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Just started Bioshock Infinite as well. It's really awesome... The slow parts of the game feel like walking around in a theme park. The attention to detail and the atmosphere is just amazing.

Runs extremely well on PC with the exception of some framerate loss when something is loading, such as some kind of set piece. I average over 100 fps at max settings. Gotta love Unreal Engine 3. Extremely smooth with vsync on.
yea thier is a bit of stutter at loading transitions I get this too, but BI isn't as optimized as you think they added onto the code of the Unreal 3 engine due to it never supporting DX11 before and it slowed it down a bit in certain areas, those running at max detail even on a Geforce Titan drop to 20 - 30fps in several areas and its due to the way the shadows are rendered, setting dynamic shadows from Ultra to Very High will fix this, so I suggest you do it too, you won't notice a difference visually but will have better performance.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 03-30-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote