Some recent developments leading up to the 20th..
We now know the venue for this event. It's the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC:
Sony isn't messing around. This thing holds between 2,200 and 2,800 people.
The (ugly as sin) PS4 devkit and prototype controller for anyone who missed it:
ORBIS Controller Features:
- Digital Buttons:
- Directional buttons
- Triangle, Circle, Cross and Square
- L1, L2 and L3
- R1, R2 and R3
- SHARE (reserved for the system and cannot be accesed by the application)
- Touchpad clicks
- PS (reserved for the system and cannot be accesed by the application)
- Two-point multi-touch (with mechanical click)
- ORBIS Controller has an electrical capacitance touchpad where the position at wich the user’s finger is touching the pad can be detected. At most, two points can be detected at the same time.
- Motion sensors:
- 3-axes gyro sensor
- 3-axes velocity sensor
- Vibration feature:
- Light bar:
- RGB LED (reserved for the system and cannot be accesed by the application)
No info on mic or jack
Same style dpad as the Vita which is awesome. It's regarded as one of the best dpads ever.
Also, shots fired lol: