Thread: PlayStation 4
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #10
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, ^4k would be interesting. I had a big discussion about bluray v dvd today, and how PS3 went for the better technology with the extra cost.. It honestly, in the grand scheme of things, saved bluray. Back then, they were going through the whole format war with HD-DVD and it was neck and neck. Bluray was incidentally getting in homes because of ps3.

The difference in that format war, was we were upgrading from DVD to Bluray... It was the same disc, but bigger capacity and better scratch resistance. Whereas when upgrading to DVD, we went from VHS which faded quality over time. So DVD fixed a problem and improved quality of picture. And Bluray just had improvements, no flaw fixes.. So it was kind of bold for sony to adopt a better technology when it could have saved tons of money by going with DVD and matching the competitors.

If sony go 4k and microsoft don't (or vice versa) I'm going to adopt the better technology... but I know thats not the mindset of the average consumer.. It mostly comes down to cost :/ Which is unfortnuate, but theres nothing I can really do about it.

also im drunkish so this might have trailed from point to point, but whatever
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote