View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012   #74
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrebholz View Post
I don't get why there's so much hate for GTA4. OK it was different than San Andreas but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I liked the more believeable car physics, I thought the gunplay was improved, the game looked fantastic and I thought the story was well done. The whole "friend" stuff I thought wasn't so hot but that was my only real gripe
Yeah, I agree. I thought that GTA IV was a huge improvement over the previous games. And if you play TBOGT, you're pretty much playing a lot of what went into SA, albeit without the huge map.

I suspect that a lot of people who claim that IV "sucks" are just saying that. Heck -- here at GTAGaming there are more visitors to the IV forum, currently, than to this one. I suspect that it's probably because of renewed interest in something that approximates the newer game engine, which IV clearly has over the previous-gen games. This will change when more info comes out for V (not to mention when the game itself gets released).

But for all of its flaws, IV is still a huge leap forward for the franchise. It was the first GTA game whose characters had REAL hands that could articulate properly. It had realistic-sounding and behaving weapons, and automobiles that drove NOT like a "brick on bacon grease" as one other member here once put it so aptly. And since GTA SA, it was the first game to have interiors completely accessible without a loading screen.

And when I got TBOGT, I almost fainted -- they had brought back both the VC AND SA elements that I had been waiting for in the next-gen series. The music, the fun stuff (like the exploding grenade gun) and the base-jumping, not to mention the wacky missions (which were still more realistic, in terms of physics and storyline, than anything from the other two games) were all just great. The only thing that approximated the jet pack was the gunship chopper -- and that was only because you had infinite ammo.

Anyway, I'm just saying that you are correct.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote