| 11-08-2012 || #58 |
Max Payne 3
Join Date: Nov 2011
- GTA 5 "evolves nearly every mechanic" found in previous games in the series.
- Features the biggest open world in the series' history - GTA 5's world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
- Three playable characters which you can switch between "at nearly any time".
- Each character has their own specific abilities and story arc, with all three stories intertwined.
- Camera zooms out to a "Google Earth-style" perspective when switching characters.
- Character 1 - Michael, an ex-bank robber in his early 40s who retired after making a deal with the FIB. He has two teenage children and hates his wife Amanda. He's also the narrator of the original GTA 5 trailer.
- Character 2 - Trevor, a former war veteran and a "drugged out psychopath". Has flight experience.
- Character 3 - Franklin, details unknown.
- Certain characters from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City will also make an appearance. Rockstar's Dan Houser says we'll never see characters from the PS2 era, though. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says.
- No major actors cast as any of the main characters.
- Big advances to lighting and shader model. Greater draw distance.
- There will be a "vibrant and fun" economy, but you won't be able to buy property.
- Heists and bank robberies are a big theme to the game.
- Improved vehicle handling and physics - "The cars hold to the ground better... It feels more like a racing game," Houser says.
- More vehicles than in any GTA to date, including BMXs, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs and Jet Skis, but vehicle manufacturers are still fictional.
- Improved shooting and melee combat. Melee combat "never going to be as big a deal as shooting," though, warns Houser.
- Los Santos is described as a "huge and diverse city", combining the best of Red Dead Redemption's "large open expanses" with GTA IV's "densely packed urban environment".
- GTA: San Andreas was about gang culture. GTA 5 is about capturing the "contemporary culture of LA".
- A variety of different side missions and "more sophisticated" minigames, including yoga, triathlons, Jet Skiing, base-jumping, tennis, and golf. There's a full golf course in the game. You can go scuba diving along the coastline of Los Santos, or do yoga in one of the game's parks.
- Each character will have unique hobbies - "one or two key minigame activities per character".
- No RPG-like player customization as found in GTA: San Andreas, but you can customize the clothing of each character.
- GTA IV's romance feature has been removed.
- Players can make friends and hang out with certain NPCs in the game, just like GTA IV.
- GTA IV's mobile phone returns, but a lot of its features have been altered. You'll use it to access the internet.
- Dynamic missions - hidden missions dotted around the game world. "Going off-road in the desert, you may come across two parked cars and a sea of dead bodies around them... Investigate if you want."