View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012   #248
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Not the most original thought here, I'm sure...

...but I hope that there will be many more explorable interiors. In particular, I hope that there are more office buildings that you can sneak around in and find cool stuff (like weapons, cash, armor, etc).

It would be cool too if you could use a camper as a save point -- and it would be VERY cool if you could move around inside of the camper itself (using it like a safehouse of sorts).

Finally, I would love to see a real bringing together of the various stealth elements available in previous games. In VC, you could use disguises to fool people into thinking that you belonged in a particular area (such as using a Cop uniform to get around in the PD.) This was gone by SA, and I think that it was a shame. There was SOME of that in GTA IV, but it only worked in missions (like the Lawyer one and the Hospital one toward the end). Finally, using shadows and sneak mode (like in the Eidos Hitman series) could add a huge and important added dimension to gameplay.

I always hated in every single GTA game how the computer KNOWS where you are! It's so dumb. And please -- NO MORE SURPRISES. They got a lot of that down with the main missions in GTA IV -- putting you behind some cover -- but not on SIDE missions. It never made any sense to me how a war-weary guy like Niko couldn't just automatically SMELL when he was about to get set up by one of Little Jacob's friends.

Being in the middle of a park with twenty dudes all shooting automatic weapons at you just wasn't that much fun. At least, until I was able to master the "run - hide - cover -blast" technique. It still wasn't FUN -- but at least I stopped getting my butt whipped every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta4crazy1 View Post
i agree COMPLETELY[ (with the thought of having assault rifles available to passengers in your vehicle)
And on that tip -- why not add an extra type of play like they did in L.A. Noire -- lettting YOU CHOOSE whether to be the driver or passenger when teaming up with a buddy for a job.

I loved being able to decide whether I wanted to ride shotgun, or take the wheel myself. It wasn't always a foregone conclusion that I wanted my partner to drive -- there were times when it made sense for me to be the driver. But sometimes, I wanted the chance to look around, to get a feel for a scene -- and if I had been able to pull a weapon out to shoot at an assailant, it would have been great to be able to do so.

In GTA games now, you occasionally get to be the gunman -- but you don't get to choose this in advance. More flexibility would be great.

Last edited by J.Orlando; 11-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote