View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
I hope the action is intense.

I always liked Templars, not because of the "wow, it's you" factor but because you finally had a opponent that more than matched you.

Until you figured out that by perfect timing of counter strikes you could win any engagement without getting hurt. AC1's (or maybe 2's) final story memory made that very clear. Taking on 10 - 15 Templars at once and then the Grand Master or whoever he was.
From what I've played so far the countering isn't quite as easy as previous games. They also changed up the buttons so that keeps screwing me up. In the previous ones you'd hold RT then tap X to counter. In this game you've got to hit B at the correct time then immediately hit X. It's not super hard but it's different and takes more precise timing than the previous game. They do have a huge red triangle over their heads as they are about to attack which makes it easier.Also got rid of the auto kill chain attacks from previous games, at least as far as I can tell.

Like the past the free-running is the same and pretty enjoyable. When you finally get to the forests it's pretty cool when you can take to the trees and jump tree to tree. It's somewhat realistic in that you can't cross an entire forest solely in the trees, but there are some stretches that are set up perfectly so you can run in the trees for a good distance. Also when it's winter moving through the snow is pretty awesome as the character actually struggles to walk through the deep snow and it leaves trenches in the snow.

Hunting reminds me a lot of Red Dead Redemption, with a skinning animation and everything. Although actually hunting is slightly deeper just cause you can find clues to track animals as well as set snares and put out bait.

In the beginning I wasn't so sure about the game, playing as Haytham for some time was kind of weird. Now that I'm playing as Connor they are starting to unlock the new features of the game so it's getting a little more interesting. I really liked how they had you play through Connor growing up instead of just hey he's an Assassin now that you're playing as. Still a few unanswered questions about Haytham, but I'm sure when we confront him later we'll get some answers.
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote