Thread: Borderlands 2
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I noticed you could actually redeem badass points, and thought it was a glitch since I wasn't used to having nearly half a screen worth of +1% and -1% stats with so little playtime. Just used to relying on a badass shield and a badass gun to save the day

What I like so far is that the game seems a lot more scaled. I'm talking about being lvl 8 but having lvl 2 monsters do enough damage to make them a threat instead of something that barely registers as damage. The game is also a lot, lot harder. There was a point in the original Borderlands that after a brief struggle you were neigh invincible if you decided to kill everything and overleveled. Not anymore, like a bandit once said "I'm going to skin you alive and wear your face like a condom."

I've also seen lvl 2 bandits mixed in with lvl 6's and so forth. I'm really glad they took their time and made the game a bit better in the little things.

Inventory screen wise it's easier and faster to sell off things you don't need, but I kinda feel like it's a step back from Borderlands. They gave us options to resize the GUI and so forth, but they couldn't allocate more screenspace for the inventory at least?

edit: OH SHIT SON I found a 10 round Sniper Rifle with damn good damage, the most mild recoil I've ever seen in a sniper rifle in any game and rapid fire potential with Fire damage. I can safely rapid fire on targets from a damn good distance away. It reminds me way to much of a Dragunov

edit: W4R-D3N just executed me, twice at the bandit base. First time I got him down to half his health bar, thanks to using TWO second winds. Second time I got vaporized by the Badass Loaders. Third time I managed to kill the loaders and get back to the boss but he was gone.

The quest marker is now pointing to The Dust and somewhere elsewhere, I assume this is the Hyperion prison camp. I assume I failed the boss battle, will this have any negative effects?

I targeted his god damn weakspots with my best weapons and he still managed to pump out a continuous stream of enemies and I basically couldn't stay to kill him. Apparently on criticals he will stop constructing and restart the process, didn't happen.

Last edited by Xan; 09-21-2012 at 12:59 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote