View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #38
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I have to agree that Sony supports more indies than MS. The indies that are on XBLA often complain about the high prices they have to pay to submit patches and what not. And yes XBLIG are easy enough to get into but no one makes money there. I think the highest grossing game on there was that minecraft knockoff Fortresscraft. The XBLIG channel has been buried inthe XBox UI so it's hard to find if you're not looking for it.

Also as for the easy mode glowing objects you guys complained about. It really depends on the game for me, some games I welcome it, it keeps a tedious action of searching for items I need from taking away from the gameplay. Like I'm fine with games like Dragon Age and such that have little glowing things come up from enemies that are lootable. Helps me not miss anything while I'm destroying tons of mobs. If I had to manually search each body it would take a lot away from that game. On the other hand in Bethesda games having to loot each body or object adds to the immersion since nearly everything had loot that made sense for what it was.

I'm a little split on the glowing objects in this game but I'd have to actually play it to see if it was too much. It could add more to the game if not everything glowed since it is a survival game it would be up to you to spot useful things.

Last edited by lillb; 09-07-2012 at 09:45 AM..
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote